Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New manager has no Qualification or experience

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

beauf wrote: »
    Don't disagree.

But if you are are bypassed very obviously for promotional opportunities. You have to make changes yourself.

The OP has said they dont want to be a manager. It may be very obviously from his work or how he deals with himself that he does not want the job or is not management material which is why he was never offered it.

All the OP knows about his new manager is that they dont have any marketing experience. He has no idea if they have any management experience or has any idea of what sort of skillset they are bringing to the role.

His only complaint is that they dont come from a marketing background.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

That's often the excuse used to have people who are generally too incompetent to actually really have a job, doing anything, be managers. I've seen it several times, where I've able to check the performance metrics of a manager I feel there's something dodgy with, and I've found in several instances, they failed to meet the basic performance targets for remaining in employment in their previous role.

And I mean several times, like when I found the records they were so awful I thought I was mistaken or I was looking at stuff that couldn't possibly be correct. You do not promote someone from a sales desk to a management role, if that person only rarely makes a sale, and everyone else is chalking up thousands of calls and hitting their targets. And people who are not hitting their targets, but still making sales but not enough to cover their wages, are getting fired all the time You do not promote them unless there's some weird ideology going on, like you're trying deliberately promote the stupidest and laziest person you can find.

HR managers....that's a whole new level of fraud....

Yes but at the moment there is nothing to indicate that the person is incompetent. They have barely even started the role and the only complaint the OP has is that they dont have marketing experience.

Give them a few months and if they show they are incompetent managers than he has something to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micky jammy delahunty

Give them a few months and if they show they are incompetent managers than he has something to complain about.

No.....Basically....It might be fine if you're a school leaver or someone fresh out of college...If you can't hit the ground running, you have absolutely no good excuse for being a manager...

You've got plenty of bad excuses...

"A manager doesn't need to know anything", is basically just propaganda for the kinds of things that go on. Someone getting a job because it has a nice pay, without ever having to do the work to get there....We just have to live it don't we...just how the world works, and none of us should ever fight back against it....Obviously, these "managers" have "skills", that cannot be seen or understood by the lower social orders....Obviously, that's what they're getting paid for ....invisible skills....invisible competence.....magic...If we could only see the rest of us would all be "managers" too...

Advertisement