Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back in the saddle after 12 years

Options
  • 13-05-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm back cycling after a long absence.

So I have taken the plunge and bought a Giant Fastroad SL 0 (sort of a flatbar road bike) with the initial intention of building up some level of fitness and distance before deciding what I want to do next (staying on the road or go to the mountains)

Back years ago when I was cycling I mainly did mountainbiking - cross country and a bit of downhill. I also did some trials riding. I'm not at a stage where I'd be able to tackle either just right now but will hope to at some stage in the future.

It's good to be back!

V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Welcome back :),
    my name is John i too was a lapsed cyclist, i am 10 years 2 month's back cycling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

12 months time you will be the proud owner of
    a nice hybrid, a hard tail, a full sus, and a road bike.
    Enjoy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

]
    Budawanny wrote: »
    12 months time you will be the proud owner of
    a nice hybrid, a hard tail, a full sus, and a road bike.
    Enjoy :-)

what he said, the start or returning to an addiction is always fun times. Great time of the year to get back into it. I lapsed for a few months but I am loving being on the bike at this time of the year.

Enjoy

Advertisement