Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When IT block boards.ie...

Options
  • 13-05-2019 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Censorship surely ... forget the bebo's or MySpaces of this world, when boards is blocked it's traumatizing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Unanimous

Lol, there is a lady at my office who is always on boards.
    I wish our IT can do same for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Censorship surely ... forget the bebo's or MySpaces of this world, when boards is blocked it's traumatizing.

Has anyone actually used Bebo or Myspace since the 2000s?

Some companies block social media sites, others don't. With the advent of smartphones, no one really is blocked from accessing whatever site they want during work hours...unless you have a supervisor that frowns upon your phone use during work hours or your work isn't getting done, then this is how most people get around blocked sites at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I told you to get off Boards.ie in work !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

ongarboy wrote: »
    Has anyone actually used Bebo or Myspace since the 2000s?

Yes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Those of us with no self control rely on our IT colleagues for these matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Those of us with no self control rely on our IT colleagues for these matters.
    I'd say rather that's when creativity kicks in !

That's what your phone is for surely.

Advertisement