Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drominbeg rhebogue

• 13-05-2019 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭

Mate of mine coming back from Canada and is looking to buy a semi detached, asked me about drominbeg, said it was grand for the most part, if not exactly posh

Any criticisms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Mid point between town and University of Limerick
    Nice houses- Super warm - Very low gas bills
    Most of the houses are owner occupied with the odd sprinkling or renter/social.
    People generally kept to themselves there.
    Nice canal bank walks/cycles out to the University/Corbally/Town
    Parkway shopping centre nearby
    Easy to get onto the motorway to Cork/Galway/Dublin

Tis grand.I lived there a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

Nice enough area. Although there was an empty bit of land in estate and council bought it for social housing. So not sure what the story with it now. Not saying there is anything wrong with social housing. Just letting you know the facts
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business-news/129552/Rhebogue-residents-outline-opposition-social-housing.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It'll mean driving the speed-bumpiest road in Ireland everyday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

osarusan wrote: »
    It'll mean driving the speed-bumpiest road in Ireland everyday though.

Even the speedbumps have speedbumps on them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

There seems to be about 20k difference (asking price admittedly) between Drominbeg and Anglers Walk/ Cois Abhainn (both the same Estate). Normally you would think that the Drominbeg houses would be at least asking the same, or more, as they are newer and the 3 bed semis are pretty much the same size, etc.
    There has to be some reason for the price difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

mgbgt1978 wrote:
    There seems to be about 20k difference (asking price admittedly) between Drominbeg and Anglers Walk/ Cois Abhainn (both the same Estate). Normally you would think that the Drominbeg houses would be at least asking the same, or more, as they are newer and the 3 bed semis are pretty much the same size, etc. There has to be some reason for the price difference.

Anglers Walk is regarded as well, let's say, far less salubrious than the neighbouring estates situated along the Rhebogue Road. This is because of historical instances of anti-social behaviour and the presence of a permanent Traveller's Halting Site located at the rear of the development. I find it surprising, as you claim, that property values there are higher than in Drominbeg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

More than just a claim. Prices taken from daft.ie yesterday. Just found it surprising myself.....and figured there must be some reason for the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

There is a new development under construction at Rhebogue Hill, it may increase the prices of neighbouring homes. I think 20 new homes or so. Plus there is a hearsay they may connect this new development to Dublin Road and people can avoid those bumps roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    More than just a claim. Prices taken from daft.ie yesterday. Just found it surprising myself.....and figured there must be some reason for the difference.

Look at the property price register if you want to compare selling prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

mgbgt1978 wrote:

Anglers Walk is a much older development as well and would not be built to the same specification. I presume a certain proportion of units in Drominbeg are classed as social housing for HAP tenants although this should not necessarily have a negative impact on the value of property in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I'll quote myself from another thread.

z0oT wrote: »
    I lived in Rhebogue for about 6 years in an apartment block not in Dromroe though.

Although for about the last 6 months I was there, there were issues with a group of teenagers coming into the small car park, drinking and talking loudly. The landlord put up a lot of signs in an attempt to deter them, but to no avail.

Another time we had problems with youngsters (probably not even in their teens yet) throwing stones at the building from across the road, and on two occasions they broke windows in the block. This happened twice in the time I was there.

That's my experience of the area, it might not echo everyone elses. I do know somebody who lived in Drominbeg for years with no issues though, depends where I guess.

However, based on my own experiences I crossed off Rhebogue from our list of places we would buy in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any update if new developments at Rhebogue Hill still taking place?

Advertisement