Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Siro Vodafone cabling/port query

• 13-05-2019 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

For Vodafone Siro, can you decide where to run the cables into the house? Example, I want to have it based in the sitting room. Do they install new ports?

For older Broadband, we just used existing ports on walls.

Apologies if silly question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

you can choose where to install but they would run cat 5 cables through the interior of your house.
    They will not run cables through your attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Gunner3629

Can they terminate the fibre connection elsewhere on the exterior to the house, or does it have to be beside where the esb box is located.

If you are to drill in from the vicinity of my esb meter box, you are in the kitchen and that is not where my existing vdsl modem is located (its in living room at back of house).

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Gunner3629 wrote: »
    Can they terminate the fibre connection elsewhere on the exterior to the house, or does it have to be beside where the esb box is located.

If you are to drill in from the vicinity of my esb meter box, you are in the kitchen and that is not where my existing vdsl modem is located (its in living room at back of house).

Mine is not located near the ESB.
    They had to run a wire from the neighbours house down the front of my house and it cam in there. they fix a white box where the cable comes in and the router connects to the white box.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Gunner3629

carq wrote: »
    Mine is not located near the ESB.
    They had to run a wire from the neighbours house down the front of my house and it cam in there. they fix a white box where the cable comes in and the router connects to the white box.

Cool, thanks for feedback. Sounds promising for box to be located where existing one is then.

Advertisement