Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock Road Works

Options
  • 13-05-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

I just noticed that works have started on the R148, west of Kilcock at the Summerhill/Trim junction. They're due to continue into July. I assume they are putting a roundabout at that junction? It's a busy junction, particularly from Summerhill/Trim side at the morning and evenings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

The junction was only "upgraded" last year. I had assumed they would put in traffic lights but alas, they did not. They also removed the left turn lane from R148 eastbound to the R158.

As for putting in a roundabout, I don't see there being enough space for one. I'd be more interested in seeing progression on the Kilcock northern bypass whereby there will be a new section of road between the roundabout on the R158 on the Meath side of the border and the roundabout on the R148 to the west of Kilcock/near Musgraves/junction 8 of the M4. That will go a long way to reduce traffic at the R148/R158 junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

That's very true, that ringroad will ease a lot. When it happens

Advertisement