Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseradish Question

Options
  • 13-05-2019 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one.

Just looking at a recipe for a scandanvian breakfast.

It calls for horseradish to be mixed with creme fresh. I am wondering if Coleman's horseradish sauce would be the same thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I love horseradish sauce, but one time we picked (by accident) horseradish cream. Didn't like the texture at all, but I suspect it might be what you're after. Tesco sell an own brand creamed horseradish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

You can get fresh horseradish in most polish supermarkets, I think they also have jars of it as well - just plain jarred horseradish, not already mixed up into a sauce like Colman's is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Just a quick one.

Just looking at a recipe for a scandanvian breakfast.

It calls for horseradish to be mixed with creme fresh. I am wondering if Coleman's horseradish sauce would be the same thing?

It wouldn't. It really wouldn't. Polish supermarkets stack fresh horseradish, as does the vegetables stall at the English Market. I would definitely advise to get some fresh and mix it with sour cream as per the recipe.

Careful, though - that stuff will clear your sinuses!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Shenshen wrote:
    Careful, though - that stuff will clear your sinuses!

And burn the fingers off you - use gloves!

Advertisement