Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti pollution masks

Options
  • 13-05-2019 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Anyone use them?

Took delivery of one today from CRC. I cycle the quays in Dublin every day and reckon the long term inhaling of clouds of diesel fumes from old sh7theap buses and coaches isn't doing my lungs any favours.

Will everyone look at me weird? Don't think I've seen many other people wearing them.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i used to use one many years ago, a charcoal filter one. now that's used while sanding.
    it used to clog on me with the condensation from my breath after about 40 minutes, especially on cold mornings. but i reckon it was doing a decent enough job of what it said on the tin.
    however, the people in the cars are subjected to a higher pollution level than you are. there's a slight caveat that you may be breathing more heavily.

and i wouldn't get hung up on how they look. if you benefit from one, do it.

Advertisement