Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid card from Irish banks.

• 14-05-2019 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

Hi. I was hoping for a little help

I run a growing lotto syndicate at work.

I have been trying to figure out an easier way to pay lotto.ie .

I dont want a connection between my main personal bank account and the national lottery site, as it kind of looks bad when I spend 60+ euro a week buying lotto tickets. I actually play for free as I run it.
    I believe it would look like I am gambling lots of money when in fact its a syndicate. Which may affect my credit.

I have tried Revolut and N26 cards but after contacting the lotto , they wont accept them as they are not Irish.

Can you help me, Is there an Irish prepaid card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

As youre getting it for free, would you not nip into a shop on your way home from work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

Three do a prepaid card, but topups and monthly charges are involved. €3 per month and €2 per top up up to 60 and €3 above. (something along those line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sounds like overkill for something like this. Tell the syndicate to pay in cash and go to the shop. Why are you the only one tasked with collecting money and getting tickets? In one workplace we rotated it so that it was about once every six months you had to collect and buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Going to a shop can be a pain in the hole depending on the time of day. Would the An Post one work for what you need or are they only for sterling and dollars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

is_that_so wrote: »
    Sounds like overkill for something like this. Tell the syndicate to pay in cash and go to the shop. Why are you the only one tasked with collecting money and getting tickets? In one workplace we rotated it so that it was about once every six months you had to collect and buy.

Actually its handy at the moment as i insist all money get sent to a Revolut card with an Iban number. As soon as folks get paid, they just transfer it to me from their own bank accounts. . No running around hunting for money..

The icing on the cake would be to play via the app.

But they make it very difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Irish Lottery will work with the AnPost card.

Nice discount on my leccy bill as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Advertisement