Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin powering off / quiting ?

Options
  • 14-05-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

for the second week my old Garmin 810 has quit powered off on my commute route ??
    been cycling this for 4 yrs w/o issue to date, always keep it in my pocket on the commute, has it suddenly found a GPS deadspot?, happens in Stepaside and Drumree also

any ideas

is it some setting ? or is it following a route ?

anyway its related to the release of the 830 and support/GPS has been abandoned

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Is the Memory full?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

ok i'll check this although i do occasionally delete activities,

i used to write activities to the external 8Gb card but changed some time back to the internal ?? maybe i should revert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

devonp wrote: »
    ok i'll check this although i do occasionally delete activities,

i used to write activities to the external 8Gb card but changed some time back to the internal ?? maybe i should revert

I had a Garmin 820 and it shut down every now and then. I found if i kept the internal memory as free as possible it solved the problem.

Advertisement