Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Shortiss RIP

Options
  • 14-05-2019 2:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was sorry to hear of the death of Pat Shortiss. I doubt there are many people from Kilkenny who have not seen Pat with his saxophone. Unfortunately the 100th birthday party will have to be cancelled in the Watergate. I remember Pat from going to the brewery kids parties, and he'd be on stage whistling and dressed up. I'm sure many of you here knew Pat better than me and would have nice stories to share with us about him.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

I was sorry to hear of the death of Pat Shortiss. I doubt there are many people from Kilkenny who have not seen Pat with his saxophone. Unfortunately the 100th birthday party will have to be cancelled in the Watergate. I remember Pat from going to the brewery kids parties, and he'd be on stage whistling dressed up. I'm sure many of you here knew Pat better than me and would have nice stories to share with us about him.

It might have to be cancelled in the Watergate, I say there will be one hell of a party when he is laid to rest good old friend rip there is not to many of your type left now and the country is a loss for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Didn't know Mr Shortis very well but he was the warmest, kindest man I ever met. A wonderful story-teller too, with a great twinkle in his eye. RIP Mr Shortis.

Advertisement