Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass repair not coming up

Options
  • 14-05-2019 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Our small back garden was quite patchy (sods laid down only 2 years ago) so I dig up the soil in the patches, put down some Miracle Gro, then lawn seeds, then a layer of compost and patted them down and have kept them wet. That was almost 4 weeks ago, nothing has sprouted at all. Any tips? Should I just wait another bit?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I wouldn't have put a layer of compost over the seeds, and I'm not sure using fertiliser was a great idea either.

Maybe dig down carefully with your fingers and see if there any activity under there.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Grass seed could be dead, if it's old. You could check the packet to see the batch date or production date.

Advertisement