Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay power. Using a lot more money the last few days.

Options
  • 14-05-2019 7:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26

Hi
    My parents have PrePay power in their home. They know it's slightly more expensive, but my mum prefers topping up instead of having a big bill going out of her account.

It's been mostly fine for the last few years, but it's been expensive as of recently. The last 3 days it has used up €30. This isn't normal. That would generally last 5 - 6 days. We haven't changed habits. We use the immersion, the dryer, washing machine and dishwasher quite often, but our usage hasn't changed.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

coredev123 wrote: »
    Hi
    My parents have PrePay power in their home. They know it's slightly more expensive, but my mum prefers topping up instead of having a big bill going out of her account.

It's been mostly fine for the last few years, but it's been expensive as of recently. The last 3 days it has used up €30. This isn't normal. That would generally last 5 - 6 days. We haven't changed habits. We use the immersion, the dryer, washing machine and dishwasher quite often, but our usage hasn't changed.

Any ideas?

Use button 2 to check your usage over last day, week and month. See if it is increasing.

Use button 3 to check that the tariff is correct.

The other thing you can do is use button 9 to take a meter reading. Take a meter reading from your ESB meter at the same time. Do the same thing again tomorrow and see if both meters have increments by roughly the same number of units.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,578 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check the fridge/freezer that there's no fault where they are permanently on.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Could she have been in arrears before she topped up? It allows You go into arrears of €10

Advertisement