Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenheron - do you like living there?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

There is little point in debating further with this form of faux outrage brow beating going on.

Nice dodge of your own suggestion for “healthy respect”.

You should start a “Make Greystones great again” campaign by banning social housing :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Captcha wrote: »
    Why are the final houses not selling in this estate?

I think it's simply down to a few things.

1. They've reached the saturation point of the people who have the money to buy in Glenheron. The estate is huge, some don't like this, some it doesn't suit due to public transport needs or whatever.
    2. Perhaps people have seen there's newer estates around, have better introductory deals, i.e. it's better value to be in phase 1 than a final phase etc.
    3. The housing market is approaching a funny phase at the moment, prices have started to stabilise.
    4. Brexit is an uncertainty, many potential buyers could work for British companies or majority of their company's business is with the UK and thus they're sitting out buying for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

I think it's simply down to a few things.

1. They've reached the saturation point of the people who have the money to buy in Glenheron. The estate is huge, some don't like this, some it doesn't suit due to public transport needs or whatever.
    2. Perhaps people have seen there's newer estates around, have better introductory deals, i.e. it's better value to be in phase 1 than a final phase etc.
    3. The housing market is approaching a funny phase at the moment, prices have started to stabilise.
    4. Brexit is an uncertainty, many potential buyers could work for British companies or majority of their company's business is with the UK and thus they're sitting out buying for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to reply in detail.

I bought a 4 bed semi there in the past couple of months, just worried about the comments in this thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I bought a 4 bed semi there in the past couple of months, just worried about the comments in this thread :(
    Don't let one data point ruin what will be an exciting time for you. There's lots to love about Glenheron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Don't let one data point ruin what will be an exciting time for you. There's lots to love about Glenheron.

Also don't let people who are not currently buyers or have no experience of reviewing Glenheron as a possible purchase put you off.

They are lovely houses and everyone has different opinions of what they want in a house and locale.

Like every house what's right for some isn't for others.

• Advertisement

Also don't let people who are not currently buyers or have no experience of reviewing Glenheron as a possible purchase put you off.

They are lovely houses and everyone has different opinions of what they want in a house and locale.

Like every house what's right for some isn't for others.

Thanks for the reassurance, mainly worried now about the school and what it will be like to exit at that roundabout from Glenheron park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Blandpebbles is a gas character altogether! Three or four people who live in Glenheron have told them there is no problem, nothing to see here but still they keep up this nonsense about social housing! It’s not a problem, stop trying to make it one.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

You've heard from people who live there who say its lovely. Dont let one posters comments colour your view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Blandpebbles is a gas character altogether! Three or four people who live in Glenheron have told them there is no problem, nothing to see here but still they keep up this nonsense about social housing! It’s not a problem, stop trying to make it one.

Incorrect. Two people who have commented do not live in Glenheron and have no interest in purchasing there. They have no actual basis for making statements that all is ok. They have spoken to no one who lives there.

One commentator even stated they have no issue with social housing but then pointed out they bought in an estate which has no social housing... hmmm

A simple search in boards shows the reality of people who would not live near social housing and yet the faux news continues to be broadcast in this thread.

Yet this seems to validate all their comments. Perhaps they are both working for SF. :)

Also you are Gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fite Fuaite

I live in Glenheron and I live next door to a lady and her son who obtained the house through Social Housing. We have had absolutely zero negative issues.
    Well if by negative you mean not willing to shell out 450k or more for somewhere that is possibly problematic then guilty.

Honestly, why would i choose to live in a potentially troublesome environment?

The residents we spoke to, came out to us when they saw us looking around and readily offered their opinions. This was very generous and honest given they had just bought. To quote one of them 'we saved all our money to get away from this type of things and then we find them living next door..'

Social housing is just one factor in us deciding not to buy there. I covered the others above.

There are new estates in Greystones that have neither social housing or maintenance charge.

To confirm, you would be quite happy to live next to social housing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 D10NY5U5

I live in Glenheron and I live next door to a lady and her son who obtained the house through Social Housing. We have had absolutely zero negative issues.

I have read, with much fascination, BlandPebbles’ posts over the last few weeks and months. I have wondered if in real life he, or she, is as passive aggressive as they are on boards.ie, or is it just their online persona. Or do they just have a big chip on their shoulder? Or are they just a good old fashioned troll using “faux” methods as they would call it?

I don’t know why anyone gives them oxygen on here.

I haven’t bought a house in any of the new developments mentioned, It’s been a long time since I did buy a house. I use boards.ie to keep up to date on the local area.

But what I do recall about buying a house is that it is a very stressful time and the last thing you need is someone like Blandpebbles, online or off.
    A person who seems to delight in subtly prodding and poking and causing upset in others. Thinly veiled in a pretence of honest debate and opinion.

So whether they are a troll, or passive aggressive, or genuinely and unfortunately just wired like this, the one positive I would take is that they haven’t bought in Glen Heron! One less risk that you don’t have to live next door to such a manipulative and negative influence.

Their very username and the fact you cannot see their previous posts easily through the boards.ie search function tells you all you need to know.

It would be funny, only I can see from some responses that it is causing upset and worry.

Mental health is an important focus these days and house buying is one of the most stressful events in anyone’s life. It’s a pity people like BlandPebbles don’t realise the potential impact they may have on people by this behaviour, what I consider to be the worst form of trolling.

So I would treat this boards.ie member just as I said: a troll. But a potentially bad one. Indeed the worst kind.

And don’t feed them anymore oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Just came across another planning application for Glenheron, ref sh201904. It was only submitted in the last couple of weeks. Seems they are building a lot more houses, apartments etc. Anyone have any further information? Not too familiar with the area but have visited Glenheron a few times and can’t see where the land is to build all these houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mod

Blandpebbles you are clearly trolling this thread non stop. Dont post in it again. Everyone else please report posts where you feel there is trolling and discuss the topic not another poster. Feedback on moderation as always only by PM.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

lfen wrote: »
    Just came across another planning application for Glenheron, ref sh201904. It was only submitted in the last couple of weeks. Seems they are building a lot more houses, apartments etc. Anyone have any further information? Not too familiar with the area but have visited Glenheron a few times and can’t see where the land is to build all these houses.

The site is on the same side as the Gym, between the gym and Seabourne apartments I think.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1239517,-6.0661141,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGSdBPOEush9dy49ZJBMLIw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    The site is on the same side as the Gym, between the gym and Seabourne apartments I think.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1239517,-6.0661141,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGSdBPOEush9dy49ZJBMLIw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

and there's a website (as there is for all these Strategic Housing applications):
    https://www.cairngreystonesshd.com/

described as "Glenheron C" which makes it sound like a nuclear power plant.

I had actually come across that website but it seemed to be linked to their Farrankelly development. The site location also looks to be the same site as Farrankelly... Very confused altogether now.

I had actually come across that website but it seemed to be linked to their Farrankelly development. The site location also looks to be the same site as Farrankelly... Very confused altogether now.

No not Farrankelly

https://www.cairngreystonesshd.com/full-notice

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Farrankelly is a different application and website
    https://www.farrankellyshdplanning.com/

Glenheron C is across the road from Charlesland and Glenheron View, so on the left as you drive towards the N11.

Thanks guys. I’ll pop down today and have a look 😀

The m11 is already gridlock!

Also that entry on to m11 will lock up too... will need to be upgraded for the the greystones developments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

The m11 is already gridlock!

Also that entry on to m11 will lock up too... will need to be upgraded for the the greystones developments!

So what, no houses built anywhere south of Bray? I live in Glenheron I work in Skerries and I’m usually home by about 5-30 in the evening. I must be doing something wrong considering all the hysteria over the M11 in Greystones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

So what, no houses built anywhere south of Bray? I live in Glenheron I work in Skerries and I’m usually home by about 5-30 in the evening. I must be doing something wrong considering all the hysteria over the M11 in Greystones.

what time do you leave Skerries at though :) ...3.30?

If you are home by 5:30 and start very early then maybe you miss it.... This week has been a shambles on the m11 if you start working at 9am and finish at 5.30pm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Either you are traveling by helicopter or you leave Skerries very early. I work in Tallaght and the traffic has been even worse than normal all week, particularly going home. My times leaving work have varied from 5pm to 6:30pm and each day has been a sh!t show.

Traffic is an issue in most places. I live a 7 minute drive away from where I work, but it takes 25 minutes during peak hours. Traffic issues aren’t specific to Glenheron, or Delgany for that matter!

Traffic is an issue in most places. I live a 7 minute drive away from where I work, but it takes 25 minutes during peak hours. Traffic issues aren’t specific to Glenheron, or Delgany for that matter!

You are correct but it would be no harm to think about the logic of building so many homes so far from places of employment while developers are allowed to sit on land banks close to employment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Looks like another 200 houses on the old Delgany convent site as per Irish Times today. Sold for €15m to a local builder.

https://www.e-pages.dk/irishtimes/1953/article/1004830/37/5/render/?token=560482abf29b4edec7922385a967833f

No but there has been a large increase in traffic in the greater Greystones area in the last few years.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Hi All,
    Those that have bought recently can you tell me if you have needed to have your current house sold/ be sale agreed at time of booking the house?
    The last time we went looking at new houses in 2016 they were very particular about having our house sale agreed or sold despite not being able to guaranteed when they would be issuing contracts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

I noticed on the way into Glenherron (phase 1) houses there are 5 or 6 houses with the stone cladding removed as well as windows removed and boarded up. Looks like some heafty repair works.

Any idea what's going on.

Cheers.

Advertisement