Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a company

Options
  • 15-05-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm currently looking into starting my own business while also continuing to work. I've been told that I wont be able to apply for a mortgage if I I'm a business owner for less than 3 years. Can anyone clarify this?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It's not that you cant just that it's a lot harder. You need to be able to prove your income and for a business they tend to want 3 years worth of accounts to prove it. It's not really anything to do with employment status its income status that they care about. I was able to get a mortgage early on when we started our business due to having other income sources/assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 markpower

jimmii wrote: »
    It's not that you cant just that it's a lot harder. You need to be able to prove your income and for a business they tend to want 3 years worth of accounts to prove it. It's not really anything to do with employment status its income status that they care about. I was able to get a mortgage early on when we started our business due to having other income sources/assets.

Great Jimmii. Thanks very much for the info.

Regards
    Mark

Advertisement