Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrrelstown area review? (Mod Warning in Post #2)

Options
  • 15-05-2019 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am considering applying for a job in Tyrellstown Dublin 15, and was wondering if anyone had any information about the are and what it is like?
    I have never been there before nor have I ever heard anything about it so any info would be great.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mod Note

Folks, keep to the facts and keep it civil please.

If you post any info, please back it up with evidence such as a news article. I don't want this to descend into an area bashing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

If your only applying for a job there I dont see what the area is like matters. Unless your in a high demand sector and the job offers are a plenty. If your asking about living there then thats another question.

P.s. nothing.wrong with it either way. All build new over the last 20 years or less

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

P.s. nothing.wrong with it either way. All build new over the last 20 years or less

Another great reason not to buy there..modern houses are plagued with structural issues and pyrite infil.

Also a lot of the tyrellstown "dwellings" are buy to let's that have been rented out to foreigners.

I wasn’t aware we had a specific Dublin 15 forum.
    OP, you may find some Specific info here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=993

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

Tyrellstown is a dangerous area, lots of muggings and teen violence. 3 houses where fire bombed 2 years back. Stabbings , a murder and a serious gang problem of African teens. It goes through periods of being ok to being a **** storm were it's too dangerous to walk to the shop
    Google the area

• Advertisement

utmbuilder wrote: »
    Tyrellstown is a dangerous area, lots of muggings and teen violence. 3 houses where fire bombed 2 years back. Stabbings , a murder and a serious gang problem of African teens. It goes through periods of being ok to being a **** storm were it's too dangerous to walk to the shop
    Google the area

Mod Note @ utmbuilder,

Can you please provide links to news articles in relation to these incidents.
    I am not disagreeing with you, but if we want to discuss an area, facts only and not hearsay please.

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

utmbuilder wrote: »
    Google the area

Hahahahaha this is hilarious to read.
    Look I’ve lived rented here for almost 3 years now. It’s generally fine.
    I walk to the shop twice a day most days.
    It’s quite a boring area if you ask me. Nothing like most other parts of blanch imo.
    Huntstown,hartstown,mulhuddarr,fortlawn and Whitestown seem to be were most of the shootings and gangland activity happens.
    Funny enough tyrrelstown feels kind of disconnected from all this. It’s been absolutely fine since living here. My only problem is my neighbours can be loud. And once there was a helicopter flying above the apartments. I wouldn’t buy a house here for my own personal reasons but if I absolutely had to I wouldn’t be absolutely devastated either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Hahahahaha this is hilarious to read.
    Look I’ve lived rented here for almost 3 years now. It’s generally fine.
    I walk to the shop twice a day most days.
    It’s quite a boring area if you ask me. Nothing like most other parts of blanch imo.
    Huntstown,hartstown,mulhuddarr,fortlawn and Whitestown seem to be were most of the shootings and gangland activity happens.
    Funny enough tyrrelstown feels kind of disconnected from all this. It’s been absolutely fine since living here. My only problem is my neighbours can be loud. And once there was a helicopter flying above the apartments. I wouldn’t buy a house here for my own personal reasons but if I absolutely had to I wouldn’t be absolutely devastated either.

I think to brand the areas you have as been bad is a bit much. The population of all these areas is very big. There will always be issues somewhere when you throw out a big net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I think to brand the areas you have as been bad is a bit much. The population of all these areas is very big. There will always be issues somewhere when you throw out a big net.

The problem though is tyrrelstown gets a bad name from these places unfairly because of race I reckon.
    I’ve friends and family from all these areas, but the facts are that these areas see far more trouble than tyrrelstown. Maybe not huntstown as much.
    I move between these areas daily and tyrrelstown is quieter by far. I’ll be leaving this area soon but I will miss it.

I grew up on the north side of Dublin- I know a bad area when I see one. Tyrrelstown is completely given an unfair status. It’s not nearly as bad as most areas and how it’s made out to be.
    It’s mainly young foreign family’s going about their business.

Sorry on phone here. Making typos left right and centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭ra0044

The problem though is tyrrelstown gets a bad name from these places unfairly because of race I reckon.
    I’ve friends and family from all these areas, but the facts are that these areas see far more trouble than tyrrelstown. Maybe not huntstown as much.
    I move between these areas daily and tyrrelstown is quieter by far. I’ll be leaving this area soon but I will miss it.

I grew up on the north side of Dublin- I know a bad area when I see one. Tyrrelstown is completely given an unfair status. It’s not nearly as bad as most areas and how it’s made out to be.

Couldn't agree more. We have lived in Tyrrelstown for over 16 years and have really liked living here.

We have had no issues in that time. We do know of others who have had a few problems but nothing you wouldn't get in any other housing estate.

Have lived in other areas of Dublin before and Tyrrelstown is very quiet in comparison. Walk the dog through the estate every night and to be honest have never had a problem. Meet the same people nightly out with their own dogs and we are more or less of the same opinion that it is a nice enough place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

My brother and his family live here, they bought their house off the plans back in the mid 2000's. They have never had any problems. Granted there may be a few bad eggs as there is in every place you go, but overall from what I know of the place and my experiences there, its a nice area to live with a great community spirit (and agree regarding it being quiet). My nephew plays for the local basketball team (Go Sonics!) and I was so impressed with the set up they have up there now for the local kids getting them involved.

Gets an unjustified bad reputation IMO.

I think they were in the past but most of the bad ones moved to tyrellstown.

Advertisement