Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgagesaver Account

Options
  • 15-05-2019 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi there

I have a question about this account.

We are looking at houses at the moment and are mortgage approved. If we find a house and the deal goes through before the account is 6 months old, but we have €5000 in the account, can we still avail of the €2000 offer at the end of the 6 months? Or how does this work?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi there

I have a question about this account.

We are looking at houses at the moment and are mortgage approved. If we find a house and the deal goes through before the account is 6 months old, but we have €5000 in the account, can we still avail of the €2000 offer at the end of the 6 months? Or how does this work?

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. To avail of the €2,000 offer with the Mortgage Savings account you must have at least 6 months consecutive savings going into the account. For more information and for the terms and conditions of the account please see here.

Please feel free to reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

Hi, 

I opened this account and expected it to take a while to find a place so would have the 6 months consecutive payments paid by draw down. 

We got extremely lucky and found a house within 2 weeks of looking. We had to push back the closing date of our house in order to ensure that we had the 6 consecutive months paid. I asked BOI if there was any wiggle on it and I was told under no circumstances. 

I would suggest getting it opened ASAP and start the payments. 

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Thanks for that insight Oz. That clarifies everything.

Advertisement