Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot mower guide wire and tarmac

Options
  • 15-05-2019 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

What is best route for a guide wire and a autonomous mower? Husqvarna to be exact.
    Would a duct be too deep and wire loose signal?

Cutting a line in the tar is an idea but not ideal after spending 7grand on tarmac.

What's been done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

I have mine in a wavin pipe, around 5-6cm below the surface. Luckily I put it in before laying the tarmac, it works fine through the wavin and the 6cm of tarmac on top of it. I don't know what options you would have with tarmac laid other than its a fairly thin wire - angle grind a line through the tarmac, drop in wire and fill with tar or some quick fix tarmac? A 1cm channel would do it I'd think which would not be very noticeable after it had been driven on a bit - downside would be that if you had to pull the wire up you'd have to rip the tarmac again rather than just pull it through the duct. Presume you need 2 of them for the mower to stay between

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Just cut line in the tarmac the width of a consaw blade and push the wire down into it.

That's what I've done and just cover it then with some sort of tar based filler from a tube. Will work a treat. I used some sort of roof sealer.

If I'm not mistaken though, you need three wires across the tarmac. 2 for the main loop(out and in or out and back) and the third will be the guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

could be 3 for a Husqvarna - mines a Wiper and it just uses 2 (main loop out and in) and stays between them, no guide wire

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

TMC99 wrote:
    could be 3 for a Husqvarna - mines a Wiper and it just uses 2 (main loop out and in) and stays between them, no guide wire

I see. Husqvarna definitely uses 3. Guide wire joins to main loop in the secondary area and you then set how far you want the mower to travel on it befits he starts cutting

Advertisement