Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Dublin 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 G Shock

There's probably still people queueing in the park waiting to get their medal engraved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Enjoyed the 5 & 10ks but definitely didn't seem as well organised as the previous years (and they had problems too)

The band for the 5k consisted of one lad in a tent playing songs on an ipod??? Not quite rock n roll, and the finishers zone on the Saturday was fairly sparse. Pretty sure we got a free non alcoholic erdinger both days last year :P (what's the story with non alcoholic beer post-races is that just an Irish thing?)

Missed the city part of the 10k this year too but overall enjoyed it. It's gas how many Yanks travel over for it. All lovely people though, just seems daft to travel so far!

I did the race in Vancouver a few years ago and it was some difference in organisation!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Shuttle buses were a joke

They need to start/finish in same location in future

Route was excellent. Was 5min8s quicker then last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

@shlippeey: There was non alcoholic erdinger. Big tent in the field. Free ticket was attached to your bib.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Portaloos along the route cannot be underestimated when it comes to other races! I presume the really early start was to get everything cleared up in the city before the traffic built up. Decent enough race; I was lucky enough to be able to get the Luas in so didn't have to bring a bag. I heard that the bag drop would be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

What was the problem people had with the shuttle bus? I parked up near the Castleknock entrance to the park, walked down to where the shuttle bus was and hopped on one straight away and it brought me to the start area no problem at all. I thought it was all very smooth.

ewc78 wrote: »
    What was the problem people had with the shuttle bus? I parked up near the Castleknock entrance to the park, walked down to where the shuttle bus was and hopped on one straight away and it brought me to the start area no problem at all. I thought it was all very smooth.

There was hundreds of people queuing at the zoo and parkgate street who were left standing for an hour before being collected. There should have been busses starting at these points too. I was of the park at 6.40am. We got a bus at 7.30am. Arrived at the start line at 7.55. No chance to get any sort of warm up in.

Queue for loos were insane. That whole side of Fitz Square needed to be lined with portaloos.

The race series 10k a few weeks ago had none of these issues. If they are organised right it's simple. The Irish Runner 10 mile the same. None of this nonsense that always exists with RnR. And your paying far more for the race number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 G Shock

Do they post up photos anywhere, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

ewc78 wrote: »
    The fact that the buses didn't drop people back to the start line was a joke. I (and a few others with me) parked in Stephens green car park - assuming that the shuttle buses would be dropping us back to the start point again once the race was over. Obviously, this was not the case and we had to make our own way across town to get to our cars. If a race doesn't start & finish at the same point, provisions should be made for people to return to the start point again. We were up from the country, so that's we we decided to drive, and parked in the location recommended to us by the organisers.

Other than that, I thought it was well run, and enjoyed the route for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Going past some of the finishers of the 5k in the park on Sat morning and I couldnt get over the boxes of stuff people were walking away with, and these werent last finishers either. Admittedly, in the past I have taken an extra 'kind' bar maybe if it was ok with the volunteers, but nothing to the extent of what I saw on Saturday morning. 3/4 cases of powerade, 5 or 6 bottles of juice, a box of bars, loads of water etc, crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

@shlippeey: There was non alcoholic erdinger. Big tent in the field. Free ticket was attached to your bib.

Oh I know yeah, just last year they had it both days.

I was more so wondering is there a law that says it has to be non-alcoholic for Irish races?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

G Shock wrote: »

Yep on https://www.finisherpix.com/home.html

They're not up just yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dubliner2019

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Shuttle buses were a joke

They need to start/finish in same location in future

Route was excellent. Was 5min8s quicker then last year.

The start/finish at different locations is very annoying, the shuttle just took the people back to the entrance of Phoenix park, my car was miles away...

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Going past some of the finishers of the 5k in the park on Sat morning and I couldnt get over the boxes of stuff people were walking away with, and these werent last finishers either. Admittedly, in the past I have taken an extra 'kind' bar maybe if it was ok with the volunteers, but nothing to the extent of what I saw on Saturday morning. 3/4 cases of powerade, 5 or 6 bottles of juice, a box of bars, loads of water etc, crazy.

They should just put on goody bags instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    They should just put on goody bags instead.

Yep, 100% agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Yep on https://www.finisherpix.com/home.html

They're not up just yet though

Photos are up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

2 photos of me and about 15 of some aul one with the same number. Must have been doing the 10km?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

G Shock wrote: »

You will get an email from Finisherpix offering you a variety of photo bundles. Mine are shocking and I somehow turned into a woman in some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

My photos were a load of sh¡te, I'm not even in some of them. The prices are a joke too...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

My photos were a load of sh¡te, I'm not even in some of them. The prices are a joke too...

Yeah crazy money, just took screenshots of the good ones myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Yeah crazy money, just took screenshots of the good ones myself

I’m missing loads. None of several family members who took part :-(

Advertisement