Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance - RSA moving policy to 123.ie

• 16-05-2019 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hello, I am a long time customer of RSA with a home insurance policy. They recently sent me a letter saying they were giving all my details to 123.ie, a company they bought 9 years ago and still own. I am now in the process of trying to get a renewal price from 123.ie.

Has anyone else gone through this process and have any observations or they are already home insurance customers with 123.ie and have any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Hello, I am a long time customer of RSA with a home insurance policy. They recently sent me a letter saying they were giving all my details to 123.ie, a company they bought 9 years ago and still own. I am now in the process of trying to get a renewal price from 123.ie.

Has anyone else gone through this process and have any observations or they are already home insurance customers with 123.ie and have any thoughts?

Thanks.

My insurance is with RSA via Bank of Ireland. I didn’t hear anything about 123.ie

To be honest I’d be more concerned that you haven’t switched your policy in the last few years at all.. it’s pretty much the same as car insurance.. have you been pricing around?. You’ll more than likely get a new customer deal with a different provider for a lot less than your paying now.

No advise, only make sure you match any new policy like for like. People concern themselves with being insurance for 150k or whatever their house is worth. The small print is more important, the chance of your house falling down is slim. The chance if getting leak/breaking something is greater and thats the stuff you should look at when looking for for home insurance. On average the quotedevils.ie and 123.ie pay out on approx 80%+ of claims. The FBDs, Aviva etc pay out on 90%+ of claims. These figures aren’t 100% accurate but always have been around that ballpark, too late to get exact numbers for you.

Price around though, may not get a better deal but surprising to see someone with the same policy for a number of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭ffocused

123 & RSA are 2 sides of the same coin. 123 only sell RSA insurance policies.
    I have my house and car insurance with 123 for last 5-6 years and have not had any issues. (but have never put in a claim)
    Both policies have always been underwritten by RSA

BTW you will get a cheaper quote if you buy it online, usually a 10% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Thanks to you both, good advice, appreciated.

Advertisement