Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isofix base with Ryanair baby equipment option

• 16-05-2019 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

Do Ryanair allow you to bring a carseat and isofix base (combined weight 9.6 kg) for your "smaller item" onto the plane? Can it be checked into the hold or do you need to carry it onboard?

If you travel with an infant or child you can carry one fully collapsible pushchair and another smaller item such as a car seat or travel cot free. Any other items (maximum 20kg) will need to be purchased and placed in the aircraft hold.

The website is of course scant on info in regards to this topic.

TIA!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I am guessing no.Aer Lingus allow you to bring a similar selection.Car seat gets checked in to oversize baggage in airport.Buggy goes to gate with you and gets taken to hold then.You can just tie the seat in with the seat belt when you get to wherever you are going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

If you have a bag to put the car seat you could put it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’ve seen people bringing the car seats to the gate and putting them in there. The car seat wouldn’t fit in that little basket thingy that shows you how big your hand luggage can be, so it couldn’t be brought onboard- I’d imagine it’s the same with the isofix.
    I wouldn’t bring a car seat and/or base unless they were really well wrapped in bubble wrap etc, having observed the way luggage is treated! The safest thing to do would be to get some kind of bag, pad them well and check them at oversized baggage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

Top_Guy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do Ryanair allow you to bring a carseat and isofix base (combined weight 9.6 kg) for your "smaller item" onto the plane? Can it be checked into the hold or do you need to carry it onboard?

If you travel with an infant or child you can carry one fully collapsible pushchair and another smaller item such as a car seat or travel cot free. Any other items (maximum 20kg) will need to be purchased and placed in the aircraft hold.

The website is of course scant on info in regards to this topic.

TIA!

if this is just going on holiday there is no need to bring an isofix base with you, your baby seat can be put in the car just using the seat belt.

practice it a few times at home before you go and you'll be grand. i know the isofix is in theory better/safer but there is very little in it,there is nothing wrong with belt fixed. isofix is definitely handier for taking the seat in and out of the car, so at home its great, you can just whip the seat out baby and all.

with the belt you are more inclined to leave the seat in the car and just take the baby out, thats the only practical difference.

Advertisement