Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Garda corruption being investigated.

Options
  • 16-05-2019 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭

Just a Superintendent, an Inspector and a Garda arrested.

Nothing to worry about.

Sorry can't do link, someone else might oblige.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

The investigator in charge had only one comment:

original-4596-1493624632-4.jpg?crop=1024:512;0,109

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Just a Superintendent, an Inspector and a Garda arrested.

Nothing to worry about.

Sorry can't do link, someone else might oblige.

Saw that this morning, but no indication so far of whereabouts in the country this is being investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Internal Affairs set them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

Heres a link to the Journal. Very vague at the moment. can only make assumptions as to what happened.

https://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-arrested-in-raids-4637164-May2019/

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/0516/1049802-garda-arrests/

As with anything.............quite likely tip of the iceberg.

"Crime Correspondent Paul Reynolds said the arrests were made this morning in the southern part of the country.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Morning Ireland, he said all the arrest are connected to an ongoing investigation into a criminal gang. There have been two previous arrests of members of An Garda Síochána in this investigation, he said"

Limerick related I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

'Garda' and 'corruption' are easy bedfellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Drew Harris is doing a fine job so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Sounds like its connected to recent raids on car sales premises in Limerick

Drew Harris is doing a fine job so far.

"What this place needs is a bit of Northern efficiency".

BOOM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Supernintendos never get arrested. This is serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

BOOM!

I heard Drew is actually H; not Hastings.

BENT COPPERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A lot of very worried gardai across the country this morning I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'm just going to preempting the usual b%llox of

"the only people who think the Garda are corrupt are people who've been in trouble with them".

Never been in trouble with them but the crap that has went on in past years such as framing people for murder in Donegal, widespread lying about penalty points and superintendents arrested. Who could think that they're a force to be desired.

A lot of very worried gardai across the country this morning I would imagine

And in fairness, probably a lot more very happy with today's headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

'Garda' and 'corruption' are easy bedfellows.

Leave the poor fúckers alone - they're forced to survive largely on a diet of cornflakes. Plus they can never seem to get a mortgage with their nurse girlfriend - even with the cornflakes.

It's no wonder they're taking back handers;)

Plus they can never seem to get a mortgage with their nurse girlfriend - even with the cornflakes.

Or expand a property portfolio before retirement. It's awful sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Augeo wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/0516/1049802-garda-arrests/

As with anything.............quite likely tip of the iceberg.

"Crime Correspondent Paul Reynolds said the arrests were made this morning in the southern part of the country.

Speaking on RTɒs Morning Ireland, he said all the arrest are connected to an ongoing investigation into a criminal gang. There have been two previous arrests of members of An Garda Síochána in this investigation, he said"

Limerick related I wonder?

Common knowledge a cop was involved with an outfit who recently had their car operation nabbed recently by CAB

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

steddyeddy wrote: »

"the only people who think the Garda are corrupt are people who've been in trouble with them".

Never been in trouble with them but the crap that has went on in past years such as framing people for murder in Donegal, widespread lying about penalty points and superintendents arrested. Who could think that they're a force to be desired.

The smugness of those who utter that line is only matched by their gormlessness

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Urgent exit required x 3

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Common knowledge a cop was involved with an outfit who recently had their car operation nabbed recently by CAB

You're only saying that because you had trouble with the Garda! Anyone who wasn't in trouble with the should overlook the murder framing, lying, businesses on the side and sometimes drug dealing! THEY DO A HARD JOB!!!!

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The smugness of those who utter that line is only matched by their gormlessness

And only bettered by people who go their whole lives calling all police pigs and saying every one of them are corrupt them using a couple of examples to "prove " it.

Are the police that catch corrupt members also corrupt?

The gangs they are involved with arent members of the gardai so are civilians. That must mean all civilians are corrupt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great to see that Gardai arrested them. Restores my faith.

look when the lead detective who's investigating the most notorious shooting in years, is found dead in ballymun Garda station, under suspicious circumstances, you know it goes very very deep indeed. Lets not forget the whole trial of that Hutch lad collapsed of the back of it. So this and the penalty points scandal and the assassination of Morris McCabe by the Gardaí hierarchy and even the G-Soc phone buggin scandal...it's a fooking joke. Why anyone would want to be part of it is beyond me. Funnily enough big as it is, you hear nothing from Paul Williams about any of it! his pen only works against the blue collars dirt bags!

rusty cole wrote: »
    and the assassination of Morris McCabe by the Gardaí hierarchy

Think you might be missing a fairly important word in there somewhere.

steddyeddy wrote: »

I can understand that, to be honest. In any developed, European country, the police force is a symbol of order and authority.

On the one hand, some people feel threatened by anything that threatens to erode or impair public order. Maybe they're worried about protecting their own resources, or maybe it's just a personality thing (Take a look at the near-hysterical fear-mongering about the supposed breakdown of law and order in Dublin City; some people appear to be naturally fearful)

On the other hand, a lot of people use attacks on the Gardai as just another tool in their anti-establishment toolbox. Personally I'd be more sympathetic to this approach (it keeps authorities 'honest', and mindful of abuse of power within their ranks.

But both sides are given to fits of exaggeration.

Almost everyone thinks they are the neutral observer, but listen to them debate for a few minutes, and you'll quickly realise that most people are on one or other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

This is the tip of the iceberg and it's about time.

Watch now as they try to undermine Drew Harris. The media will also go to bat for the gardai, claiming this is isolated to the mid-west region.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

rusty cole wrote: »
    look when the lead detective who's investigating the most notorious shooting in years, is found dead in ballymun Garda station, under suspicious circumstances, you know it goes very very deep indeed. Lets not forget the whole trial of that Hutch lad collapsed of the back of it. So this and the penalty points scandal and the assassination of Morris McCabe by the Gardaí hierarchy and even the G-Soc phone buggin scandal...it's a fooking joke. Why anyone would want to be part of it is beyond me. Funnily enough big as it is, you hear nothing from Paul Williams about any of it! his pen only works against the blue collars dirt bags!

And what about the Garda who arrested these three? Corrupt too?
    I think it’s actually great that this is being sorted out. Restores my faith.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Maurice McCabe is leading the investigation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement