Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Championship Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Pretty pathetic if the gallery are reduced to cheering missed putts by Koepka.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

American golf fans are not known for their IQs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

yaboya1 wrote: »
    American golf fans are not known for their IQs.

Indeed. The Einsteins who gave us 'Get in the hole' (shouted off the tee on a par 5) and 'Mashed Potato'.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

eagle eye wrote:
    I didn't think it was possible that a player could get to double figures under par on this course over the four days. Brooks is one away from that after 20 holes. He is just an awful incredible golfer, he looks like getting to four majors this weekend and he is still not fully respected for how good he is.

I think its more to do with his attitude towards majors in comparison to the rest of the field.

They're all thinking about the history, the prestige etc and he doesnt seem to give a $hite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Indeed. The Einsteins who gave us 'Get in the hole' (shouted off the tee on a par 5) and 'Mashed Potato'.:rolleyes:

I think some idiot is shouting "SPAGHETTI IN THE HOLE" every time Molinari is putting

...and "MEATBALLS" when he hits his tee shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,532 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They're all thinking about the history, the prestige etc and he doesnt seem to give a $hite.
    He certainly cares a lot. You can see for mist if the season that he is only going to get really serious about things around major time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I think some idiot is shouting "SPAGHETTI IN THE HOLE" every time Molinari is putting

Was mash potato shouted for an Irishman?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Was mash potato shouted for an Irishman?

Apparently not:
    The ‘mashed potato’ shout was made famous by golf fan Andrew Widmar, who was identified by The Golf Channel as the man behind the epic outburst at the Chevron World Championship in 2011. Tiger Woods had played his tee shot on the 18th and Widmar unleashed his ode to the carby side dish for the world to hear,

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/27/why-golf-fans-shout-mashed-potato-cheeseburger-get-in-the-hole-and-other-absolute-rubbish-7984326/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

Sky are taking an ad break every 10 mins, painful to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I heard that.....made me chuckle a wee bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Tiger has been terrible with the driver and looks rusty in general, no surprise given he hasn't played since Augusta and barely practiced this week. What did he expect I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, Brooks playing like this is like Tiger in his pomp. Big drive into the middle of the fairway, short Iron close to the hole, sink the putt. It's just incredible golf.

On this form nobody will get anywhere close to him.

This is an exhibition

Just give him the trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The battle for second place is really heating up!

He high 5's the crowd between every hole - one of the guys I play golf with every Saturday said he's got a man-crush on Brooks, I can see why!!

His yardages, in case anyone missed this;

4qe0qw24g0y21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,532 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's a truly great 36 holes when you have the biggest lead in major history. It's exceptional when you've the lowest 36 hole total in major championship history. It's sensational when you accomplish this at Bethpage Black.

You can add me to the list who have a man crush on. Brooks Koepka. The best and the coolest golfer out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Thought it’s been actually quite good and a lot fewer ad breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I always record or pause and leave about 30 mins at least to play with. Makes it lot more watchable

The American TV companies will be delighted, Tiger misses the cut and Brooks leading by 7 :pac:

To clarify I'm a huge Brooks fan and have been for years. Gets nowhere near the credit he deserves although you feel he will after this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Fair play to both Rory and Shane for making the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Koepka is great to watch.So calm and composed never seems flustered.Some of his drives and approach shots yesterday were incredible if his putter had been hot who knows what sort of score he'd be on at the moment.It seemed on every hole yesterday he produced one mind blowing shot.

I hope he goes on and blows away the rest of the field and sets all sorts of records this weekend as if he does that I think he might finally get the wider recognition he deserves and increase his fanbase as I think there was degree of indifference to him up to now but looking at this week it seems the fans re beginning to really take to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭abff

I see that 82 players have made the cut. In regular events, there's a 3rd round cut if more than 78 players make it through the half way cut.

Am I right in thinking that this doesn't apply in Majors?

abff wrote: »
    I see that 82 players have made the cut. In regular events, there's a 3rd round cut if more than 78 players make it through the half way cut.

Am I right in thinking that this doesn't apply in Majors?

Correct they never have that rule in the majors

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Beemer shoots an 82 today, I'd say he might have had a few celebratory scoops last night.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Beemer shoots an 82 today, I'd say he might have had a few celebratory scoops last night.

Or he’s just bo**oxed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

As if proof was needed he'd crush the field, shotracker was deceived into looking like first tee shot was rough bound. Straight onto the fairway past it, almost tap in birdie now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mushy wrote: »
    Or not.

Made up for it on the second.

Another cracking tee shot at the third.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

The man's a machine

Advertisement