Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L'Etape Wales Dragon Ride 2019

Options
  • 16-05-2019 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Signed up for this sometime last year (actually, signed up for the 3-day tour) - was wondering if any boardsie's had tackled it and what you thought of it in terms of difficulty, organisation, quality of the route, road surfaces etc.

My longest ride to date is 150mi/240km so I'm hoping to do the full (298km) 'Dragon Devil' but may switch down to the Gran Fondo (223km) depending on progress on the day. I've completed the Mallorca 312 twice (225km route) so I'm hoping the 298km route is not a stretch too far. Similar total elevation to the Mallorca 312 but the route does appear to have a couple of ramps which are much steeper than anything on the Mallorca 312 route.

What have I gotten myself into... :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If you've covered even half that distance on Irish roads, you will be grand. I jumped from 200km rides to a 600km ride in Wales with steeper hills etc. The roads are in such better condition that it really made the difference. It was still really tough but IMO, if you have done only half that amount in Ireland then you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Ok - that is reassuring to hear. Thanks!

Advertisement