Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android phone unlock

• 16-05-2019 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Is it necessary to know what network an old phone was contracted with in order to have it unlocked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

ttenneb wrote: »
    Is it necessary to know what network an old phone was contracted with in order to have it unlocked?
    If you want to do it legal way, you will have to contact service provider to obtain unlock code.

Other than that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

If you want to do it legal way, you will have to contact service provider to obtain unlock code.

Other than that ...

The phone is one of the first Android models, so far back I can't remember which network. It was intended to be used on holiday in Spain as my wife left her phone at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

The phone is one of the first Android models, so far back I can't remember which network. It was intended to be used on holiday in Spain as my wife left her phone at home.

It’ll cost more than the phone is worth. Maybe check XDA developers to see if there’s a way to unlock this device for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

It’ll cost more than the phone is worth. Maybe check XDA developers to see if there’s a way to unlock this device for free.

I can can buy a sim card for €8.50 which will be more than adequate for the duration of our stay. I'll try your suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

search e bay, if its an old phone it could be very cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I can can buy a sim card for €8.50 which will be more than adequate for the duration of our stay. I'll try your suggestion.

Is there any need? the new EU roaming charges are in place so in theory you can now rock into Europe and be charged the same as you are at home. The only reason I see for unlocking is going outside of Europe

https://www.three.ie/roaming/eu-roaming/

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Advertisement