Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE going to BT Sport

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nxt is on at 1am on new years day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I have to say looking at the BT sport tweets and statements and what they will be showing tomorrow on BT sports they are certainly starting well. I mean the showing NXT live is a big statement IMO.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I have to say looking at the BT sport tweets and statements and what they will be showing tomorrow on BT sports they are certainly starting well. I mean the showing NXT live is a big statement IMO.

It’s a good move and I’m sure the 200 viewers WWE pulls in on sky sports each week will move across to BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,450 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is a best of 2019 NXT show ???

Is there not an episode this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This is a best of 2019 NXT show ???

Is there not an episode this week

Looks that way odd them and AEW basically had off weeks each week

One little annoyance about BTs coverage is the airing times are always a little bit later after the recording starts and normally ends before the show finishes

Best is to try and set ur sky recordings for 10 mins earlier and 10 mins after

Regarding PPVs will they be on BT PPV or do they accept the WWE network and they will air them non PPV ??

One little annoyance about BTs coverage is the airing times are always a little bit later after the recording starts and normally ends before the show finishes

Best is to try and set ur sky recordings for 10 mins earlier and 10 mins after

Regarding PPVs will they be on BT PPV or do they accept the WWE network and they will air them non PPV ??

They'll be on BT PPV.

They'll be on BT PPV.

**** that I'll be watching as normal on the network

Noticed NXT not scheduled for next thursday morning ??? Unless a mistake on the schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

**** that I'll be watching as normal on the network

Noticed NXT not scheduled for next thursday morning ??? Unless a mistake on the schedule

May not be updated yet as NXT and NXT UK have only recently been agreed to be shown, I don't have Sky and been watching on the Network so hopefully will get caught up soon as i am currently a month behind

NXT Live is on BT Sport 1 next Thursday from 1am to 3:15am on the BT guide, while NXT UK from 11pm to midnight just before it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What's "No Filter WWE"??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

WWE superstars with no makeup.

I think it's some kind of 'when the cameras stop rolling' thing. Like the 24 docs or something like that. That's based on one or two trailers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

free one on their facebook page today, followed them on the last uk and ireland tour, wasnt bad, killed 30 mins anyway

Just caught the end of the ric flair 30 for 30(which I didn't record ffs) and the part about his son dying and all that was hard to watch because ric flair is my favourite wrestler of all time. I can watch his matches back multiple times over and never not like them. He is and was a wrestling genius. His only fault is that when he was NWA champion IMO he tried to make everyone from the top guys to the job guys look the same. That's not how it should have been.

What's "No Filter WWE"??

They have been producing them for Champions League games just behind the scenes let the camera roll and see if they can use it

What's "No Filter WWE"??

thought it wasant that bad, could of been better could of been worse

didnt see myself in the Machester footage :D. Anyone see themselves in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just caught the end of the ric flair 30 for 30(which I didn't record ffs) and the part about his son dying and all that was hard to watch because ric flair is my favourite wrestler of all time. I can watch his matches back multiple times over and never not like them. He is and was a wrestling genius. His only fault is that when he was NWA champion IMO he tried to make everyone from the top guys to the job guys look the same. That's not how it should have been.
    I don't know my history admittedly so who did he try to make that were jobbers? Based on the narrative today Flair was very stubborn about who he made. For example the Sting injury debacle.

I don't know my history admittedly so who did he try to make that were jobbers? Based on the narrative today Flair was very stubborn about who he made. For example the Sting injury debacle.

George south is one example. I mean it's one thing to not embarrass the person you're in there with or hurt them or be unsafe(hello road warriors) but ric gave TV job guys too much offense too often. I mean he obviously won in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Strange quirk, anyone who used to have "dodgy" satellite boxes then gave them the boot when sky upped encryption, a few channels remained, to be more specific, BT Sport channels did, and still do. Might be of interest to someone, though possibly not! Anyhoo, I'm watching Raw for the first time in years (and years). Seems a bit forced compared to the good old days, could be my memory is looking through rise coloured glasses though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

From next weekend Channel 5 will be airing one hour highlights of both Raw and Smackdown with NXT being on one of its sister channels

https://deadline.com/2020/01/channel-5-lands-wwe-highlights-1202836605/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BT is looking to sell off it's sports business so a new home for the WWE in the UK will be incoming.

https://www.ft.com/content/80c79e49-3f9b-4ca9-866c-9f39f38683c1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So they've been dumped by Sky, and are now on the verge of being dumped by BT Sport, question now is where will they end up?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DAZN or Amazon will probably end up buying the whole BT Sports portfolio would be my guess.

Discovery/Eurosport might be an outside bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

it was an awful decision by BT in the first place. The ratings must be dreadful on it too.

It's hard to see any major player buying a product that's been absolutely woeful for along time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Headshot wrote: »
    it was an awful decision by BT in the first place. The ratings must be dreadful on it too.

It's hard to see any major player buying a product that's been absolutely woeful for along time now.

Here are the ratings:

http://backbodydrop.com/blog/uk-tv-ratings/

You'll have to use the filter on the BARB website if you want to compare them to the Sky Sports era:

https://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/four-screen-dashboard/

Meltzer said BT got Raw at a knockdown price and now that Britain's out of the EU, the EU's competition rules no longer apply and any broadcaster can monopolise the broadcasting rights for the Premier League.

If Sky is outbid by Amazon or some other streaming platform, it will be interesting to see how they'll survive on just cricket, rugby, golf and F1.

Advertisement