Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead ban

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Bollox on that. They can't break rules and let it pass.. why bother having rules..

The ends justify the means......................

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"In an age that is utterly corrupt, the best policy is to do as others do."
    - Marquis de Sade, 1788

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Survey Completed
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Done

• Advertisement

Done a long time ago...WOW! 156 people actually signed this in the shooting community...I'm impressed at the positive and fast response so typical of Irish shooters!!![Sarcasm mode ]

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Mississippi.

Ment to do it that time in the middle of December when GooseB put it up but some how never did.
    Done now and passed on to a few non boardies friends

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I filled it in ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Just saw it 5 mins ago and DONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Fastnet50

Long done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paulireland

Done

How will you shoot safely without lead on steel?
    Steel on steel is not a good idea as Mr Miculek demonstrates.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    How will you shoot safely without lead on steel?
    Steel on steel is not a good idea as Mr Miculek demonstrates.

This steel shot rubbish is going to be a fckuing disaster :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

tudderone wrote: »
    This steel shot rubbish is going to be a fckuing disaster :mad:

Well hopefully for competition shooting lead will be available but I suppose if u know Europe and there hitler ideas they will be pushing for all shooting of steel shot. The thing with this new lead shot who is going to police it and where will our steel loads come from bcos they will be dearer bcos of brexit and a lot of countries I think import from USA but there loads are good but like anti aircraft Rds on you after firing I’d say lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭GooseB

Here's the next step, now it's all lead bullets they're after. 6 month consultation period beginning on the 24th of March. Decision made mid 2022. That 6 month period doesn't give much time for "rubust scientific evidence" to be prepared to argue against the ban. 5 year implementation period for smallbore/rimfire, 18 month transition period for centrefire. Possible derogations for range shooting with adequate bullet catchment/traps. Note- that's only a maybe.

https://echa.europa.eu/-/towards-sustainable-outdoor-shooting-and-fishing-echa-proposes-restrictions-on-lead-use?utm_source=echa-weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly&utm_content=20210203&_cldee=YXNhLnJlZG1vbmRAeWFob28uaWU%3d&recipientid=lead-1a7503642b24eb118125005056b9310e-64e36442d9c941cfa5170e99dff78986&esid=3abd50cb-0d66-eb11-8128-005056b9310e

OH !!What a surprise!!! For those who have been saying that it didn't affect their rifle ammo and target shooting club!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ayagerard

at least now when the dust settles every one will be reading the same page and the rabbit can now see the hound, (well now i suppose it was all the lead that we could not see this coming slow learners and all ) but we are still allowed to drink water that has gone through lead pipes and will the wee birds be able to regurgitate the steel from their gizzards ?????????????????????

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    OH !!What a surprise!!! For those who have been saying that it didn't affect their rifle ammo and target shooting club!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I do not think many people thought it would not affect rifle and pistol ammunition as the intentions are and have been for a long time very clear. No real point in the above quote maybe other than to say I told you so. Even if ranges put in bullet catchers lead ammo will be severely restricted to club sales and more expensive. Judging by the few people that seem concerned about this in our country let us hope some of the bigger European organisations can turn this around somewhat. what a disaster this will be for the hunting and shooting fraternity all over Europe.

Fastnet50 wrote: »
    I do not think many people thought it would not affect rifle and pistol ammunition as the intentions are and have been for a long time very clear. No real point in the above quote maybe other than to say I told you so. Even if ranges put in bullet catchers lead ammo will be severely restricted to club sales and more expensive. Judging by the few people that seem concerned about this in our country let us hope some of the bigger European organisations can turn this around somewhat. what a disaster this will be for the hunting and shooting fraternity all over Europe.

Seeing the way the EU are treating law abiding shooters, I can now totally understand the mentality of not giving one single inch that the NRA and the 2A guys in the States have.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Seeing the way the EU are treating law abiding shooters, I can now totally understand the mentality of not giving one single inch that the NRA and the 2A guys in the States have.

Me too although the NRA did nothing to stop the sale of lead ammo in California a state the EHCA continually refer back to for justifying this action. also I think lead free ammo seems to be taking a grip on other US states. Total ****storm this.

• Advertisement

Fastnet50 wrote: »

Unfortunately, some people are just slow learners and were told this in organisations and decided to ignore or pooh pooh it.
    There is a certain amount of "schadenfreude" in this but maybe finally people will take early warnings more seriously in future both here and abroad. And sorry to tell you the bigger hunting and shooting orgs have little to zero chance of turning this either, as they had little to no effect with the lead shot ban either.as it is hard to argue with the common held premise that "lead is bad...In any shape or form"

Here you all go...It's not good reading!!
    https://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/95cc3061-7d88-67d0-b932-51d2606a50f3?fbclid=IwAR3XwtZ10KWhBb8pEnivFhpYkcywbF6ue6JW473pIiCB6rzdcWAIieTSPEA

And just when you thought things couldn't get any worse...................they did :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭SVI40

BattleCorp wrote: »

There in is the issue. We always gave, gave, and gave again, and never got anything it return. It was a one way street all the way, when we should have been standing up to them. Better to go down fighting, than go down meekly.

So sick to death of our sport being attached 24/7/365, by clowns who have no idea on what they are talking about! :mad::mad::mad:

Rant over!

SVI40 wrote: »
    There in is the issue. We always gave, gave, and gave again, and never got anything it return. It was a one way street all the way, when we should have been standing up to them. Better to go down fighting, than go down meekly.

So sick to death of our sport being attached 24/7/365, by clowns who have no idea on what they are talking about! :mad::mad::mad:

Rant over!

Hasn't that always been the way ? This will pass too, they only float these stupid ideas when its a fait accompli.

What we can do about it
    https://www.all4shooters.com/en/
    here in is the issue. We always gave, gave, and gave again, and never got anything it return. It was a one way street all the way, when we should have been standing up to them. Better to go down fighting, than go down meekly.

So sick to death of our sport being attached 24/7/365, by clowns who have no idea on what they are talking about!

Are we mad enough yet?? this is why there is now a new generation of more aggressive no-compromise gun lobby groups starting to appear in Europe and the US. Staid,plaid groups who go" meet, greet, eat and retreat" are going to lose their positions as they have got too comfortable for years now.
    People are getting angry,and we should channel our anger into constructive anger to support our lifestyle choice

If any of you had a look at that report link and this 200-page document.You should be UP in arms by now! :mad:
    https://echa.europa.eu/documents/101...rzdcWAIieTSPEA
    As this will finish off 95% of the clay and shooting ranges in Ireland without huge and significant outlay! You certainly can kiss the "flapper" clay shoot goodbye under these proposals, as well as ranges with Berms as bullet catchers.

I don't post this stuff for the craic lads...If this gets thru ALL of our shooting and clay ranges have big choices to make, and that is either close up or comply with these proposed new regulations BIGLY and spend a lot of money to stay in business.:mad:
    You need to start getting angry on a personal level about this if you want to continue shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ayagerard

while we gave gave and again again their was some logic in their argument for the betterment of mankind ???or the lesser of 2 evils ?? not forgetting the shady deals that have been done behind closed doors ,they were all the same and they were all taken from us,
    there is no logic in this ,
    copper bullets are not great even in bigger calibers 270 up from penciling to key -holing to exploding, 17s and 22 reduced to pcp sort of ranges , pellet guns to blow pipes ,with about the same accuracy,

steel shot , range about 35-40 yards, might smoke a clay at 50 if you have a good pattern, wheres the fun in that, a lot more wounded and this is where the next problem for all shooting men will develop, its OK to shoot another person human being with lead but not a bird or an animal , steel festers and copper poisons how much lead was scattered around in the first and second world wars these sites must be toxic if lead is this bad what have they done with them ,
    the only good that i can see coming from this f>>> up is that 243 should become the new minimum for the humane dispatch of foxes, the guards can forget about 308 and up being restricted whereby saving themselves a lot of paperwork ,
    if shooting is not to stay dying at the same pase it is currently all shooting men and women off all nations need to stand together no good unless we have a million +1 might be heard
    the next fight will make or brake

Its death by slow strangulation.

Remove certain types of firearms or make them difficult to own (semi-auto's or anything "Military"). Insist on deer hunting courses, like the ones in Germany that are nearly to degree standards. Ban lead and insist on copper bullets, only five times the price of lead, and probably limited availability in a whole range of rounds like anything obscure or less commonly used.

Insist on air filtration systems on ranges that are like something out of a NASA lab. Make "combat" shooting sports like ipsc illegal, and who the hell would bother with shooting anymore.

Anyone get the NARGC Game shot booklet ? A lot of seriously unimpressed people with the eu, writing in it.

• Advertisement

My local FF/FG/Green TD's are about to get calls from me saying that if this comes in, they can fcuk off if they think they'll ever get a vote from me again (not that the Greens ever got a vote). They need to get on to their MEP colleagues and tell them that this is a non-runner.

I'll tell them I'm going to vote for the Shinners.

I'm about to get awfully active writing and phoning all of my public representatives.

Advertisement