Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling to make repayments on Credit Union loan

• 16-05-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I took out a loan last year to buy a car and my circumstances have changed recently and I’m now struggling to make the repayments. I have money in shares that I put against the loan. Is it possible to write off my shares against the loan? This would mean I’d only have a small bit to pay back and would help massively

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭kippy

hefferboi wrote: »
    I took out a loan last year to buy a car and my circumstances have changed recently and I’m now struggling to make the repayments. I have money in shares that I put against the loan. Is it possible to write off my shares against the loan? This would mean I’d only have a small bit to pay back and would help massively

Have a talk to the CU directly. They are usually very very helpful in situations such as this and will provide you with options custom to your own requirements and circumstances.

Advertisement