Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Alabama senate has voted to ban abortion after six weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Liberal tears >>>> forcing a rape victim to carry their rapist's baby to term then allowing said rapist seek access to said baby once it's born

Kill the baby then. That will sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Um, no it's not

Many women have an early miscarriage without even realising it. They just think it's a heavy period. It's not like a perfectly formed tiny little baby just comes out. Who would think this?

Only a man who has never had a partner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When the Woman miscarries the HSE describe it as a 'baby' and talk respectfully about 'burial'

When an Abortion takes place they call it the 'remains' and suggest you flush it down the jacks

Yeah, you said all that already.

And you were replied to.

Woman are often in different states of mind and different stages of pregnancy between abortions and miscarriages.

Miscarriages where theres talk of funerals are generally much further along and well in to the stage where a woman is gearing up to having and raising a child. But you know all this .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

When the Woman miscarries the HSE describe it as a 'baby' and talk respectfully about 'burial'

When an Abortion takes place they call it the 'remains' and suggest you flush it down the jacks

baby-1.jpg

baby-2.jpg

Like I said, euphemisms. What do you think the "tissue of your baby"martial ly looks like? They also say you may not be able to identify the remains of the baby - guess why?

They're being nice about it, because women who have a miscarriage when they wanted a baby are generally devastated. It doesn't mean it looks like a baby, and the reality is that most miscarriages at 9 weeks go down the toilet. And most of the others end up in waste disposal along with a sanitary towel.

I'm sorry if that's too frank for some posters, but it's the truth.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I really worry about the mindset behind such posts.

Thanks whore :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This is what the HSE tells women to do with their unplanned pregnancies.

"If you have an abortion before 9 weeks, you can decide how to dispose of the remains. They can be flushed down the toilet"

Do you think that is caring for the women of Ireland and progressive?

What do you think they should do? Its aakin to a heavy period, should they buy a tiny casket and have a funeral? :rolleyes:

Who said anything about putting a woman's life at risk, is that your mous operandi, jumping to extreme circumstances and pretending people made arguments they didn't make?

In the same sentence you manage to criticise people forcing their morals on others while doing just that yourself.

Sorry to have to bring the reality of life in to a discussion but thats it. People will still need and want abortions. They will turn to ordering pills online or having illegal abortions , often in places a far cry from a good hospital.

Im not forcing my morals on anyone. Whos going to be forced to have an abortion against their will? Its really easy to not have an abortion if youre against them. My way lets everyone decide for themselves and lets everyone decide what moral stance they want. Yours lets some people live by their morals and forces everyone else to also live by those morals.

What do you think they should do? Its aakin to a heavy period, should they buy a tiny casket and have a funeral? :rolleyes:
    So when do you get the casket? I only comment as a pro abortion dad until i saw my babies heartbeat at 8 weeks and realised there was a life there. I think a lot of pro abortion people have never had a pregnancy or child.

What's even more hilarious is that the catholic church who strongly oppose abortion will not allow burial if a pregnancy doesn't reach 24 weeks.

How do they reconcile that?????

snowcat wrote: »
    . I think a lot of pro abortion people have never had a pregnancy or child.

Wrong.

Next assumption/pearl of wisdom please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So when do you get the casket? I only comment as a pro abortion dad until i saw my babies heartbeat at 4 weeks and realised there was a life there. I think a lot of pro abortion people have never had a pregnancy or child.

It's pro choice.

I've had multiple pregnancies, I've been a teen parent, I've had miscarriages and I've had an abortion

Myself and my husband are as pro choice as they come as are most of the mums and dads we know.

So when do you get the casket? I only comment as a pro abortion dad until i saw my babies heartbeat at 4 weeks and realised there was a life there. I think a lot of pro abortion people have never had a pregnancy or child.

According to the catholic church you get a casket when the pregnancy is over 24 weeks.

And as for your theory that a lot of "pro abortion" (aka pro-choice) people goes I've had all of the above, pregnancy, child and abortion.

So I call bs on your ignorant uneducated bs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

You heard a heartbeat at 4 weeks?

That’s amazing considering heartbeats aren’t detectable until week 6 or 7.

If you believe that abortion should be legal past the first trimester then you are forcing your morals on the unborn child.

Why not make murder, rape and theft legal. That way everyone has the choice to commit such acts if they wish.

You're missing the very basic point that some people believe that the unborn child deserves consideration. This is why your arguments go around in circles, you're oblivious to the underlying arguments, your arguments avoid the fundamental point of disagreement.

Ah ffs. I'm only just noticing youre a "new" account that ive been wasting time replying to

Can any established people at least change their avatars to help us skimmers.

Yeah

I'm calling BS on that :rolleyes:

https://www.popsci.com/abortion-bills-pregnancy-facts#page-3
    Many of the six-week abortion bans are referred to as “heartbeat” bills, with the logic being that fetal heartbeats can be detected as early as six weeks. But the rhythm a doctor can pick up on an ultrasound at that time isn’t a heartbeat, because the embryo has no heart. The embryo is just 3 or 4 millimeters long with no developed organs. Cells are just starting to group together in ways that might eventually grow into hearts and brains. Thanks to the modern-day sensitivity of ultrasound technology, doctors can catch the electrical activity—a rhythmic pulsing—of these cells. But there is no beating heart or even a guarantee that one will develop. Miscarriages up to the eighth week of pregnancy are usually indistinguishable from a heavy period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

pinkyeye wrote: »
    What's even more hilarious is that the catholic church who strongly oppose abortion will not allow burial if a pregnancy doesn't reach 24 weeks.

How do they reconcile that?????

You don’t get a birth or death certificate if you have a stillbirth before 24 weeks either. As far as the government are concerned your child never existed.

eviltwin wrote: »
    It's pro choice.

I've had multiple pregnancies, I've been a teen parent, I've had miscarriages and I've had an abortion

Myself and my husband are as pro choice as they come as are most of the mums and dads we know.

Well i would not be in that category even though some of my good friends are. Been through the early miscarriage thing (1 month) and it is as traumatic as losing a child i guess.

So when do you get the casket? I only comment as a pro abortion dad until i saw my babies heartbeat at 8 weeks and realised there was a life there. I think a lot of pro abortion people have never had a pregnancy or child.

What did you think was in there before that, a cabbage?

Actually, I don't know why I'm bothering in this case. In OUR country abortion is legal now.

The fact that it may or may not be illegal in ALABAMA is irrelevant really. One of the most backward racist, retarded states in the whole of the USA.

Let them at it.

1,429,981 . Thats a lot of childless people. Strange that only 723,632 people in the country that have kids or have ever been pregnant bothered to vote

• Advertisement

Well i would not be in that category even though some of my good friends are. Been through the early miscarriage thing (1 month) and it is as traumatic as losing a child i guess.

Oh FFS, as traumatic as a miscarriage can be please don't compare it to the loss of a living, breathing child. Just don't.

[PHP][/PHP]
    Seriously, why does that even matter, you're just point scoring.

Nope its a fact a lot of anti choice people like to ignore.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The thread title should be amended, because Alabama has not banned abortion after six weeks. They have actually banned abortion outright, except in cases where the mother's life is in serious danger or fatal foetal abnormality. Rape and incest are not grounds for an abortion under the bill.

Interestingly, the Alabama governor stated that:
    the Alabama Human Life Protection Act “stands as a powerful testament to Alabamian’s deeply held belief that every life is precious and that every life is a sacred gift from God.”

This was on the very same day that she denied a reprieve for a prisoner due to be executed in the state tonight.

Apparently not every life is precious and a sacred gift from God after all. The hypocrisy is truly mind-blowing.

Seriously, why does that even matter, you're just point scoring.

Point scoring? Why do you think I’m so well versed on death certificates for preterm babies? Did it ever occur to you that I may have personal experience in the area?

I find it highly hypocritical that there are people on this very thread bemoaning women for not burying blood clots when the government do not offer death certificates for stillborn babies lost before 24 weeks.
    If you’re going to get outraged over something, that’s a good place to start I think, not how a 9 week miscarriage or abortion is disposed of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Thanks whore :pac:

You’re welcome.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    What did you think was in there before that, a cabbage?

Obviously about 19 having rampant sex and not in a relationship but concerned about getting pregnant. Disclaimer..i was there myself about 20 years ago ;)

Obviously about 19 having rampant sex and not in a relationship but concerned about getting pregnant. Disclaimer..i was there myself about 20 years ago ;)

Is that supposed to be directed at me? Because if so, your assumption couldn’t be more wrong.

Oh FFS, as traumatic as a miscarriage can be please don't compare it to the loss of a living, breathing child. Just don't.

Oh thanks. You have experienced either?

You haven’t explained how you were able to see(hear?) a heartbeat at 4 weeks when it’s not detectable until later in the pregnancy.

• Advertisement

Oh thanks. You have experienced either?

I've had two miscarriages. I've never lost a child but I lost a sibling and it broke my parents, absolutely broke them. They never recovered from it. If you've ever seen the absolute devastation the loss of a child causes you would know a miscarriage at one month, although tragic, is not the same.

amcalester wrote: »
    You haven’t explained how you were able to see(hear?) a heartbeat at 4 weeks when it’s. It detectable until later in the pregnancy.

Yes indeed, I meant to type we lost a child through miscarriage 4 weeks after pregnancy when a heartbeat was not detected. About 8 weeks after conception. Not 4 weeks after conception. Sorry everyone.

I've had two miscarriages. I've never lost a child but I lost a sibling and it broke my parents, absolutely broke them. They never recovered from it. If you've ever seen the absolute devastation the loss of a child causes you would know a miscarriage at one month, although tragic, is not the same.

Sorry for your troubles. I have never lost a child or sibling except through miscarriage. Should you believe your grieve is greater that is your prerogative.

Yes indeed, I meant to type we lost a child through miscarriage 4 weeks after pregnancy when a heartbeat was not detected. About 8 weeks after conception. Not 4 weeks after conception. Sorry everyone.

Hmm. So when you posted that you became prolife when you saw your child's heartbeat you meant to post that you became prolife when you didn't see a heartbeat? How does that work?

And by the way your dates don't work out either. 4 weeks after pregnancy is not 8 weeks after conception.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Sure you did :rolleyes:

You don’t seem sure because you said 4 weeks twice and now you’re changing it to 8 weeks.

Hard to make mistakes about something so traumatic.

• Advertisement

volchitsa wrote: »
    Hmm. So when you posted that you became prolife when you saw your child's heartbeat you meant to post that you became prolife when you didn't see a heartbeat?

And by the way your dates don't work out either. 4 weeks after pregnancy is not 8 weeks after conception.

I had a child 4 years ago and thats when i saw my first fetal heart beat, and became prolife after watching my beautiful child emerge from that heart beat. Unfortunately i lost a child through miscarriage recently and that was the heartbeat scan i was referring to.

You don’t seem sure because you said 4 weeks twice and now you’re changing it to 8 weeks.

Hard to make mistakes about something so traumatic.

FFS You are some sicko

FFS You are some sicko

Kettle

Pot

Black.

I had a child 4 years ago and thats when i saw my first fetal heart beat, and became prolife after watching my beautiful child emerge from that heart beat. Unfortunately i lost a child through miscarriage recently and that was the heartbeat scan i was referring to.

So four years ago you saw the heartbeat at four weeks even though that's impossible, and since then your partner had a miscarriage at 4 weeks (or is it 8?) and that heartbeat is the one you didn't see at 4 weeks?

TBH, it all seems a bit unclear for things that people do generally remember when they've actually been through them. (And you haven't explained how four week after a pregnancy starts is 8 weeks after conception - it isn't.)

You are uttering such total and utter bull**** now. It's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Huh?

But you said that miscarriage was at one month so no heartbeat would be detectable

So four years ago you saw the heartbeat at four weeks even though that's impossible, and since then your partner had a miscarriage at 4 weeks (or is it 8?) and that heartbeat is the one you didn't see at 4 weeks?

TBH, it all seems a bit unclear for things that people do generally remember when they've actually been through them. (And you haven't explained how four week after a pregnancy starts is 8 weeks after conception - it isn't.)

4 weeks after pregnancy was CONFIRMED through test..not conception. I saw my babies heartbeat at 4 weeks approx after test. Not conception.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

KSU wrote: »
    Roe vs Wade will never get thrown out by supreme court so it really is a non issue.

Thats where you could be wrong, the Donald has appointed some very conservative judges to the SC, belief is that they could hold the majority 5 to 4

4 weeks after pregnancy was CONFIRMED through test..not conception. I saw my babies heartbeat at 4 weeks approx after test. Not conception.
    What?

FFS You are some sicko

Why? You’re the one claiming to have detected a heartbeat at 4 weeks which isn’t possible.

So it appears you’ve fabricated all or part of your miscarriage story, and I’m the sicko?

FWIW My partner lost a pregnancy when an 8 week scan revealed that the fetus had stopped developing at 5 weeks. I know how traumatic it is.

But you said that miscarriage was at one month so no heartbeat would be detectable

You can babysit her if you want. My amazing first child.

Look when you're changing your story ten times and now all of a sudden have two pregnancies then you're losing.

It's obviously all bs to cover for the fact that you decided to post that you heard a heartbeat at 4 weeks and decided to change that to 8 weeks too late after lots of posters had caught you out on your flat out lie.

Gas actually. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You can babysit her if you want. My amazing first child.
    Imaginary children don't require baby sitters.

Why? You’re the one claiming to have detected a heartbeat at 4 weeks which isn’t possible.

So it appears you’ve fabricated all or part of your miscarriage story, and I’m the sicko?

FWIW My partner lost a pregnancy when an 8 week scan revealed that the fetus had stopped developing at 5 weeks. I know how traumatic it is.

My wife had 2 pregnancies. One perfectly beautiful child where we saw the heartbeat at about 8 weeks from conception. One miscarriage about a year and a half ago where we aborted the baby about 8 weeks from conception due to no heartbeat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement