Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Alabama senate has voted to ban abortion after six weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

snowcat wrote: »
    You can babysit her if you want. My amazing first child.

Which first child is this? The one whose heartbeat you heard at 4 weeks or the one whose heartbeat was undetectable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

4 weeks after pregnancy was CONFIRMED through test..not conception. I saw my babies heartbeat at 4 weeks approx after test. Not conception.

Lol. Step away from the spade, dude.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

My wife had 2 pregnancies. One perfectly beautiful child where we saw the heartbeat at about 8 weeks from conception. One miscarriage about a year and a half ago where we aborted the baby about 8 weeks from conception due to no heartbeat.

As well as the one where you heard the heartbeat at 4 weeks??

That's a lot of pregnancies. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

My wife had 2 pregnancies. One perfectly beautiful child where we saw the heartbeat at about 8 weeks from conception. One miscarriage about a year and a half ago where we aborted the baby about 8 weeks from conception due to no heartbeat.

So you changed to pro life after seeing your 1st childs heart beat then your wife had an abortion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

amcalester wrote: »
    Why? You’re the one claiming to have detected a heartbeat at 4 weeks which isn’t possible.

So it appears you’ve fabricated all or part of your miscarriage story, and I’m the sicko?

FWIW My partner lost a pregnancy when an 8 week scan revealed that the fetus had stopped developing at 5 weeks. I know how traumatic it is.

You aborted a miscarriage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

You're full of sh1t

So you changed to pro life after seeing your 1st childs heart beat then your wife had an abortion?

Maybe this was another pregnancy again, because he definitely said the miscarriage was at one month.

Ah what a tangled web etc etc.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

You can babysit her if you want. My amazing first child.

You would allow a perfect stranger to babysit your kid,. Parent of the year award is in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

:rolleyes:
    pinkyeye wrote: »
    As well as the one where you heard the heartbeat at 4 weeks??

That's a lot of pregnancies. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Well i would not be in that category even though some of my good friends are. Been through the early miscarriage thing (1 month) and it is as traumatic as losing a child i guess.

What about the miscarriage thing at 1 month? Was that pregnancy number 3?

Have to say that referring to it as a miscarriage thing while also saying it was as traumatic as losing a child is hard to comprehend.

volchitsa wrote: »

Maybe this was another pregnancy again, because he definitely said the miscarriage was at one month.

Ah what a tangled web etc etc.
    No, I think the miscarriage had an abortion.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You would allow a perfect stranger to babysit your kid,. Parent of the year award is in the post.

Sarcasm is feckin wasted. Im not sure which is impacted most Dublin or Meath

Sarcasm is feckin wasted. Im not sure which is impacted most Dublin or Meath

And te bulls1t your posting, is still just bullsh1t.

Sardonicat wrote: »

Oh Lord. Have we all teenagers on line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Im the immortal words of Homer Simpsom

"Dig up you fool"

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

That's it? That's your answer. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Says it all really.

Ah go on. Give us your enlightened murmurings?

Oh Lord. Have we all teenagers on line
    No, you're the only one, I believe. Truly hope you're not doing Biology for the Leaving.

No, you're the only one, I believe. Truly hope you're not doing Biology for the Leaving.

I did..honours A1

Actually B1. Im an Engineer. Biology was only an extra subject

Ah go on. Give us your enlightened murmurings?

Really given the pearls of wisdom and medical knowledge you've shown here, I think they would go over your head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

pinkyeye wrote:
    Which first child is this? The one whose heartbeat you heard at 4 weeks or the one whose heartbeat was undetectable?

Keep this up and you'll appear in China with the hole you've dug. ;-)

I did..honours A1

The female reproductive system wasn't on the paper that year anyway, clearly. :)

I did..honours A1

Actually B1. Im an Engineer. Biology was only an extra subject
    Are you sure now? You are developing a bit of a track record for changing your story as you go, this time within the same post.

Really given the pearls of wisdom and medical knowledge you've shown here, I think they would go over your head.

I believe a retort like that should go down in the annals of history as a monumental fail.

snowcat wrote:
    I did..honours A1
    Okay...
    snowcat wrote:
    Actually B1.

Huh?

I believe a retort like that should go down in the annals of history as a monumental fail.
    You believe a lot of stuff that isn't true.

Okay...

Huh?

I lied. Get over it

;)

I would say it was a pretty accurate description of the situation, and that's putting it politely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I lied. Get over it

We know.

• Advertisement

snowcat wrote:
    I did..honours A1
    Okay...
    snowcat wrote:
    Actually B1.

Huh?
    He hasn't got the results of the mocks yet...

I would say it was a pretty accurate description of the situation, and that's putting it politely.

I believe that politeness should be placed in the gutter of society to advance the truth in piety.

I lied. Get over it

Yep pretty much since you started posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

If tomorrow, by some strange cosmic event, men were suddenly able to get pregnant -- abortion on demand would be available everywhere on Earth within a couple of months.

Yep pretty much since you started posting.

Nope. It was all true. But im not going to argue with more learned people

I believe that politeness should be placed in the gutter of society to advance the truth in society.
    Except for that to work you'd need to tell the truth.

It's way passed your bedtime and I've got better things to do. Good luck in the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I believe that politeness should be placed in the gutter of society to advance the truth in society.

You've already been revealed as an exceptionally bad liar, really just incredibly, embarassingly bad at it and also as having only the most garbled understanding of how human reproduction works. It's a bit late to be wheeling out the meaningless platitudes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Nope. It was all true. But im not going to argue with more learned people

Just because someone holds an opposing view, it doesn’t make them less intelligent than yourself. It also doesn’t make them sex mad teenagers, which was another presumption of yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It should come as no surprise that Alabama is in the top 5 states for infant mortality rates (not in the good way).

Because the truth of this is the same as it always seems to be - "pro lifers" tend to stop giving a sh*t once the baby has been squoze out, whether it has a good life or even lives or dies or not.

Probably a good time to remind people that Alabama is the state that came within ONE percent of voting in an actual, unashamed and self admitted pedophile to be one of their two representatives in the US senate just two years back. But it's the kids that matter, of course of course.

• Advertisement

Except for that to work you'd need to tell the truth.

It's way passed your bedtime and I've got better things to do. Good luck in the LC.

Thanks. I dont think i can do much better though

snowcat wrote:
    I lied several times. Get over it

FYP. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

If tomorrow, by some strange cosmic event, men were suddenly able to get pregnant -- abortion on demand would be available everywhere on Earth within a couple of months.

Have you any idea how many women are pro life...and despite what feminists would have you believe, women are well capable of handling the abortion issue individually...

I think the abortion debate, which is highly nuanced, is not for kids...a bit like the Isreal/Palastine debate...some people are just in way above their heads.

I'm pro choice for what it is worth, and a male...I found this issue a really hard one to settle on what way to vote...the hardest vote I have ever had to make.

There is no right or wrong side on abortion...there is just a majority!

Billy86 wrote: »
    It should come as no surprise that Alabama is 8n the top 5 states for infant mortality rates (not in the good way).

Because the truth of this is the same as it always seems to be - "pro lifers" tend to stop giving a sh*t once the baby has been squoze out, whether it has a good life or even lives or dies or not.

I agree completely. Also the pro NRA lobby in Alabama is disturbing, yes we are pro life but we will kill any adult with an automatic weapon and we love it.

Have you any idea how many women are pro life...and despite what feminists would have you believe, women are well capable of handling the abortion issue individually...

I think the abortion debate, which is highly nuanced, is not for kids...a bit like the Isreal/Palastine debate...some people are just in way above their heads.

I'm pro choice for what it is worth, and a male...I found this issue a really hard one to settle on what way to vote...the hardest vote I have ever had to make.

I agree too. Im male. I was pro abortion. I am still pro abortion to a certain extent. It is a very difficult topic, similar to euthanasia. Im not sure if society has evolved enough to make a blanket decision on either.

I didn't comment on women -- I commented on men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I didn't comment on women -- I commented on men.

True, but you ignored the fact that women are participants in democracy too...

True, but you ignored the fact that women are participants in democracy too...

Because I didn't need to qualify that -- it goes without saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Bit sad to hear the news but's one state in many in a country far far away. Don't really see why Irish pro lifers are sneering like it's a win for them or why pro choicers are equally outraged. There are plenty of other countries way more ****ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

This. I think any sane logical person can see the validity of both arguments and can see that what ever their stance may be, the other side has nearly as compelling an argument.
    Those who shout loudest from the sidelines are probably choosing the default side for their general mindset, without much though or effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mazwell

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Bravo and well done. A step in the right direction and a step towards a more humane society. Six weeks is more than sifficient time to get an abortion if you want one.

Personally, I have been pro choice for any woman that wants one upto that time (although I still think it's a barbaric practice), but any later (ie, 12 weeks!) in Ireland is a disgrace. But recently I have grown more and more pro-life and against abortion. Certain jurisdictions even allow for a child in utero to be killed if he / she is disabled up ot an including viable stages of pregnancy.

It is a step in the right direction towards a more civilised society. Some people seem to think of an unborn life as something that can be thrown away.

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2019/0516/1049771-alabama-abortion-law/

I've only started reading this thread and I'm sure this has been addressed but I'm sure because you're clearly an intelligent person that you are aware that six weeks of pregnancy is dated from your last period??? And that not every woman has 4 week cycles???
    But obviously six weeks pregnant is more than sufficient time to find out you're pregnant, come to terms with it, think through your choices, arrange an abortion and have an abortion.
    Loads of time.
    Glad we have great thinkers like you in this world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement