If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definitive Technology 9000 series speakers

Options
  • 16-05-2019 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

I was looking at the above ,. The 9080s for the two front speakers with the Atmos modules attached to them, along with the equivalent centre, CS9080 I believe it's called. For my two rears I was looking at the 9040s again with attached Atmos modules.

What are your views on these speakers? Is their much of a trade off with built in subs in the two floorstandng front speakers as opposed to deicated subs ?

What would be the equivalent Klipsch speaker set and how would they compare ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I was looking at the above ,. The 9080s for the two front speakers with the Atmos modules attached to them, along with the equivalent centre, CS9080 I believe it's called.    For my two rears I was looking at the 9040s again with attached Atmos modules.

What are your views on these speakers?  Is their much of a trade off with built in subs in the two floorstandng front speakers as opposed to deicated subs ?

What would be the equivalent Klipsch speaker set and how would they compare ?

Thanks in advance
    Hi GeneticDeviant.

To be honest, I have no idea about how those speakers would perform.
    They are not a brand we have ever stocked and from looking on google they are only available in the USA.

We would not stock Klipsch speakers either unfortunately.

How about Monitor Audio would are a fantastic manufacture and always get 5 star reviews on their products and they sound excellent!
    Perhaps the Silver 500's
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202736-monitor-audio-silver-500-black-black-oak-speakers-per-pair.aspx

The silver range can also been built into a 5.1 pack

There is also Fyne Audio who are a very new company but again are getting rave reviews. We have been using these for demos 
    Something like the F502 priced at £1599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13670-fyne-audio-f502-black-oak-6-year-g-tee-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Again this can be built into a 5.1 package.

You would need to add Atmos speakers into the above sets, like the KEF A50A priced at £449
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203060-kef-q50a-atmos-black-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Let me know if any of these brands and ranges might suit and I can see what deals can be worked on them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.