Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

“Children at play” sign on Private rd

• 16-05-2019 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

My question is there any legal requirements to erecting a “children at play” sign down a private cul-de-sac? Currently one homeowner, a farm and 3 rental properties down this rd.

Have had maniacs speeding while kids out playing, have had words but keeps happening! So decided time for a sign tone put up.

One renter is complaining it even though she herself wud benefit from it as she too has a child.

Just wondering if there’s anything else we need to do to cover ourselves in this matter.

Thanks for reply’s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

kardarie wrote: »
    My question is there any legal requirements to erecting a “children at play” sign down a private cul-de-sac? Currently one homeowner, a farm and 3 rental properties down this rd.

Have had maniacs speeding while kids out playing, have had words but keeps happening! So decided time for a sign tone put up.

One renter is complaining it even though she herself wud benefit from it as she too has a child.

Just wondering if there’s anything else we need to do to cover ourselves in this matter.

Thanks for reply’s

Who maintains the road,ie reserving filling pot holes ect
    If the local co council does this then it's not a private road.you could seek for a sign to be erected.
    If in fact it is a private road ask the owner can you put one up.
    I've seen people put up these signs and only for the co council to remove shortly there after , reasons been no planning and causing visual obstruction to motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

ZX7R wrote: »
    Who maintains the road,ie reserving filling pot holes ect
    If the local co council does this then it's not a private road.you could seek for a sign to be erected.
    If in fact it is a private road ask the owner can you put one up.
    I've seen people put up these signs and only for the co council to remove shortly there after , reasons been no planning and causing visual obstruction to motorists.

Road is maintained by ourselves. Was owners of both dwelling & farm tat have erected sign. I myself think the tenant n question doesn’t have a leg to stand on in this matter but just wanted to see if anyone had any views on the matter. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

If she is renting, does any of the rent go towards maintenance of road.
    If no she doesn't have much of a say.

Another thing you could do is get famer and other neighbors to all agree to having the sign

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Aravo

It's a cul de sac, where are the maniacs speeding too. And do they live on the road. How long is the cul de sac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

TBH someone that is speeding down a private road that has already been asked to cool their jets will ignore the sign, so why bother,

Could you put a gate on the roadway instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Aravo

Kamili wrote:
    TBH someone that is speeding down a private road that has already been asked to cool their jets will ignore the sign, so why bother,

I think I would bother.

I would put up a sign myself. Even a small sign on an eircom pole, high up out of the way and easily seen.

I would be very embarrassed/ashamed if someone had to speak to me about my driving and then felt they had to put up a sign to give me a further hint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Kamili wrote: »

Could you put a gate on the roadway instead?

Or those bolt down speed ramps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tigerboon wrote: »
    Or those bolt down speed ramps.

It need not be ramps, but you need to prevent the ability to engage in the behaviour. Signage less likely to work.

ZX7R wrote: »
    If she is renting, does any of the rent go towards maintenance of road.
    If no she doesn't have much of a say.

Another thing you could do is get famer and other neighbors to all agree to having the sign

No she pays nothing towards road maintenance. Have sign n place all other residents down rd are happy with the sign. Think it was a bad reaction thing. Not a peep from her since

Aravo wrote: »
    It's a cul de sac, where are the maniacs speeding too. And do they live on the road. How long is the cul de sac.

The one culprit speeding was a cousin of the girl that complained. When asked if he could slow down all I got was a grunt reply. Sign defo doing the trick of slowing them down. Road itself is only approx. 1/4 mile long and very narrow, but always a few speeding up and down

• Advertisement
Advertisement