Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an Illinois Driver's License

Options
  • 16-05-2019 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi guys, I'm moving to Chicago on the F1 OPT 3-year extension visa, and was hoping to get a US driving license while I was here since it will be useful for both ID and driving purposes.

I already have an Irish license, but was wondering if anyone here has gone through the process in Illinois - will I have to re-sit a full test or can I just transfer the license over. Online instructions I find seem to have conflicting answers so any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Dunno about Illinois but in CA i had to resit.
    The test is handy, I'd just apply and sit the test if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

I had to resit the test in NC, the guy at the office was not interested in my Irish licence at all. On the plus side the US test is easier than in Ireland.

Advertisement