Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car rental

Options
  • 16-05-2019 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where’s the best place to rent a car for a few days around Kerry?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Enterprise in Tralee!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Just wondering where’s the best place to rent a car for a few days around Kerry?

TIA

I've often seen people recommend doing car rentals through Kerry airport. Apparently better deals to be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

After dealing with several car rental places in Ireland, I'm now a loyal customer of Limerick Car Rentals. Far better prices than you will get at Hertz, Avis, etc.

They have a desk at Shannon but I don't know if they have an office in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

you could rent a small van from enterprise quiet cheaply

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pito_perez

Just want to add my 2 cents. When I arrived to Ireland, I rented car for almost 9 months and found in budget @ kerry airport good prices but... it depends on the month and the number of days. For example the best deal I had was from early Sep to mid-Nov, renting at a rate of 10.6 € per day (not including excess coverage). The trick is renting from 7 to 21 days. Less than 7 days or more tha 21, the rate could be as high as 38 € per day. Outside the months mentioned, I could get rates up to 16€ per day. But from Dec 20th to Jan 1st, was unrentable for me, 40€ per day. This worked for me checking regularly the prices and reserving 5 day or more in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I’ve used enterprise a few times since I made this post. But all of a sudden they started asking for a Credit card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I’ve used enterprise a few times since I made this post. But all of a sudden they started asking for a Credit card ?

They have been doing this for a while, a year ago my ex needed to rent a car, she was a student and only had a debit card.

They refused to let her father put it on his card (It was the two of them renting it on a trip I was staying behind for) as he was not the driver (And his license is expired), they would not let her pay a deposit, as she did not have a job. In the end, I had to pay for it, and pay a deposit (I also only have a debit card), which they would accept from me as I could produce a payslip. They then let me put her on as a named driver for the duration of the rental.

They were very clear on the fact in the office that I would not be ever sitting behind the wheel of this car and that I would be remaining in Kerry the entire duration of the rental, while the car was at the other end of the country. But it was just a case of "Computer says no"

Advertisement