Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living on Fairview Strand

Options
  • 17-05-2019 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

I found a few threads about living in Fairview with very positive responses. I was just wondering if the same would apply to Fairview Strand in particular.

My wife and I will be viewing a flat there, just wanted to know what the street's like, particularly at night. I see there's a bus stop, so I imagine there'd be a fair amount of footfall.

Any information would be a great help. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lots and lots of traffic. Doubt it ever gets quiet, but location-wise it's great, walkable to town, buses closeby going to lots of shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Great location and lots of buses, and on the cycle routes to town... or up to Howth!
    Beside the Dart and gym, and lots of facilities.
    A couple of pubs, but no late and noisy bars as they are mostly locals.
    Like anywhere in Dublin, just have your wits about you at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 eoghangh

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks so much, whiskeyman and spurious! We'll be moving in this weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,236 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Are there even flats on Fairview Strand? I used to live on Marino Crescent, one of, if not the prettiest streets in Dublin I think. It's a great area, apart from the massive motorway going through it. The Bru pub is alright, and Kavanagh's does a mean pint. I'm envious as I couldn't never afford to live in my spiritual home now where I went to school too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I looked at houses around there, ended up buying in Phibsborough but would have had no problem living there.

• Advertisement

Are there even flats on Fairview Strand? I used to live on Marino Crescent, one of, if not the prettiest streets in Dublin I think. It's a great area, apart from the massive motorway going through it. The Bru pub is alright, and Kavanagh's does a mean pint. I'm envious as I couldn't never afford to live in my spiritual home now where I went to school too!

Yes, it's a house divided into flats.

Thanks again for the replies. Just reinforced that we've made the right move :D

Advertisement