Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batwoman - The CW *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Very odd that Sky never got the rights for this seeing as they had all other Arrowverse shows. Annoying for those who tried to watch this years crossover and not being able to watch one episode due to Sky not having rights for the show

Wait sky the new crossover? I just caught up to Supergirl yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sky haven't aired the crossover yet. The first episode back for each show will be the crossover
    Seems they were holding off I the hope that whoever got Batwoman would show it then they could show their parts around it.
    But the fact E4 don't have a start date means they'll likely have to go ahead as Batwoman part of the crossover is episode 9.

I see on Amazon Germany, they have the rights for Germany, but only have the first 8 episodes so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

So we have our first major change as a result of Crisis
    Beth is alive leading to who is Alice?

Yeah seems to be the case.
    So now we have 2 Beths.
    Though would think this universe's Batwoman wouldn't have been trying to turn Alice if Beth was alive and well, but clearly she has been trying.
    And why hasn't anyone said to her that Beth is studying abroad? Like her stepsister doesn't seem to be aware of Beth either

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah seems to be the case.
    So now we have 2 Beths.
    Though would think this universe's Batwoman wouldn't have been trying to turn Alice if Beth was alive and well, but clearly she has been trying.
    And why hasn't anyone said to her that Beth is studying abroad? Like her stepsister doesn't seem to be aware of Beth either

Well from last night's Supergirl episode it looks like
    doppelgangers from the dead Earths are showing up on Earth Prime so Alice is still Beth but the other Beth is from a different Earth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,301 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

icdg wrote: »
    Bit odd that no UK rights holder has materialised. Some suggestion that Warner’s may be holding it and other new shows for a streaming service, but nothing concrete in that or any other line.
    At first she was very wooden, but she seemed to loosen up and settle into the role as it went on.

According to geektown, someone has the rights but Sky doesn't know who.
    Channel 4 has picked it up and it will air on E4 later in the year no date given.

It starts on E4 on Sunday 22nd March at 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A production assistant has been left paralyzed from the waist down after suffering an injury on the set on March 11th.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It starts on E4 on Sunday 22nd March at 9pm

Sky EPG showing Anchorman 2 in that slot for me?

Sky EPG showing Anchorman 2 in that slot for me?

Yeah, was misinformation from digiguide it seems.

They're showing the ad for it a lot on film4, at least, but it just says "Coming Soon"

Alright season finale but it finally revealed who is playing
    Bruce Wayne in the Arrowverse albeit with a twist. Alphas alum Warren Christie will be playing as Tommy Elliot (Hush) who was made to look like Bruce Wayne with the help of Alice to steal Kryptonite from Wayne Tower.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

For their own reasons, E4 have decided to postpone airing “Crisis on Infinite Earths Part II” until the end of the season (when no doubt, they will air it at 11pm on a different night of the week with no promotion). No doubt they didn’t want to air what (from their point of view) amounts to a one hour promo for shows on another network.

For their own reasons, E4 have decided to postpone airing “Crisis on Infinite Earths Part II” until the end of the season (when no doubt, they will air it at 11pm on a different night of the week with no promotion). No doubt they didn’t want to air what (from their point of view) amounts to a one hour promo for shows on another network.

Yeah heard about that. Same thing could happen if Sky pick up Superman and Lois as the next crossover event will be with these 2 shows. That's the one bad thing with these crossover events, if all shows involved are not on the same network abroad then what is happening with Batwoman will happen too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sky88 wrote: »

Probably to do with the injury she got while doing some stunts in the show last September. It will be interesting to see who they get to fill her role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Get someone more appropriate and better storylines and I may actually be interested in watching it

Oh and they're keeping the character. Now to find another openly lesbian actress. Maybe she gets someone of Thomas' skills to perform surgery on her

Oh and they're keeping the character. Now to find another openly lesbian actress. Maybe she gets someone of Thomas' skills to perform surgery on her

Or Alice kidnaps her, steals her face and fakes Kate's death and puts new face on her.

Get Rachel Nichols in as Batwoman and I'd be watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Get Rachel Nichols in as Batwoman and I'd in watching.

Oh yeah - looks like someone who can actually kick ass, ahh Continuum...

Get Rachel Nichols in as Batwoman and I'd in watching.

Doubt it, going by the statement from the studio it will be an actress who is a member of the LGBTQ community. Some shows lately have been given flak for having a straight person play a LGBTQ character.
    "Warner Bros. Television, The CW and Berlanti Productions thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best. The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman's second season and long-term future, and we -- along with the show’s talented creative team -- look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months," The CW, Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions added in a statement.

• Advertisement

Turns out she's actually a Time Lord so Ruby appears for a few minutes to get killed off and regenerate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

She didn't suit the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,301 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Or Alice kidnaps her, steals her face and fakes Kate's death and puts new face on her.

Face Off :p

Alice is the show's MVP

If only Ryan Murphy was involved Sarah Paulson could take over

It'll increase ratings for the first episode at least. I stopped watching an episode or 2 after Crisis. She wasn't very good at the start but she got more comfortable as it went on.

I'll watch this to see if they mention the change.

Off topic a bit but one of my favourite character change explanation was Ray in Due South with Benton trying to prove it wasn't him.
    In a recent series of TMNT, Leonardo's voice actor changed. Luckily he got in a fight in the previous season finale so was a damaged larynx.
    Then not a character change but the recent series of The Tick, the pilot was made and released a while before the rest of the series. They changed the suit for episode 2 on. And since ep 2 continued directly from the pilot, "Tick, you look different" "Thanks!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's still a rumour as to why she's leaving, but a lot of the speculation has leant towards the fact Rose herniated two discs during filming of a stunt. It's entirely possible she's not 100% and wants to back away from a physically demanding role. There are other, more controversial, rumours but for now they read like salacious tattle TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I really warmed to Ruby as the series went on. I thought she was great by the end of it.

I think pulling off a replacement is going to be very difficult.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've heard this a lot - that she gets better - but I do wonder how much is just getting used to a lesser scenario - or some actor equivalent to Stockholm Syndrome :D Cos anything else I've seen her in, she has been so woeful; can't believe her abilities suddenly get better 'cos of this one role :)

I also didn't bother 'cos the obnoxious promotions also put me off - was that even reflective of the final product? All that adolescent "I am a powerful woman, watch out Patriarchy!" noise

(obviously the smart answer is "why not have a try?" but I'm lazy and have about 2 billion shows in my playlists lol) :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm a HUGE Batman fan and really wanted to like this show but I just couldn't like the main actress, weirdly having her recast could be a good thing for the show but that never tends to work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only really watched the cross over related episodes, might run though it now considering stuffs getting delayed.

Heard some of what was to be at the end of this season was pushed to season 2, going to be weird if episode 1 is rose and then episode 2 is someone else. Also throws another issue up, filming season 2 would have been delayed already with corona, and now this it's going to be a wait before they can even start again assuming they do in the end.

• Advertisement

Advertisement