Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enfield Interceptor 650

Options
  • 17-05-2019 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I'm new to the forum, so hello :-)

Just wondering what the collective view of the new RE Interceptor is.

I'm an ancient returning biker, so no interest in horses/top speed. Would like to do a bit of leisure weekend biking, maybe a little commuting (much prefer the e-bike for that tbh), and the odd spot of undemanding touring -- no heroic stuff.

I really like the look, and price, of the Interceptor, and almost all of the press reviews are positive.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Breezin wrote: »
    I'm new to the forum, so hello :-)

Just wondering what the collective view of the new RE Interceptor is.

I'm an ancient returning biker, so no interest in horses/top speed. Would like to do a bit of leisure weekend biking, maybe a little commuting (much prefer the e-bike for that tbh), and the odd spot of undemanding touring -- no heroic stuff.

I really like the look, and price, of the Interceptor, and almost all of the press reviews are positive.

Any thoughts?

I haven't ridden one and can only really go by the various youtube reviews.

However I've seen them over in Bikeworld and they're a cracking looking bike with decent build quality, certainly better than some Jap bikes in the last few years (I'm looking at you Yamaha MT range).

That's all I can really say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nice looking old skool bike...how much are they here...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nice looking old skool bike...how much are they here...???

I think they're around the 6500 Euro mark. But don't take that as gospel, I know thats what the Himalayan is retailing at before you put luggage on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

I think they're around the 6500 Euro mark. But don't take that as gospel, I know thats what the Himalayan is retailing at before you put luggage on it.
    More like 7,300 - 7,600, depending on the retailer. I've read a lot of negatives on the Himalayan but the Interceptor seems like a break from the Enfields of old.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

Breezin wrote: »
    More like 7,300 - 7,600, depending on the retailer. I've read a lot of negatives on the Himalayan but the Interceptor seems like a break from the Enfields of old.

I read a review of the Interceptor in one of the classic bike mags recently. They liked it a lot. There are a multiplicity of reviews on You tube as well, one of a lunatic Indian biker who does high speed antics on an Indian "highway". Hair raising stuff, but it showed what a capable bike it is. I have recently acquired a 500cc Bullet single ( 4 speed RH gearchange, kickstart model) and I find the bike tremendous fun to ride, much more so than any of the Japs. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

I have recently acquired a 500cc Bullet single ( 4 speed RH gearchange, kickstart model) and I find the bike tremendous fun to ride, much more so than any of the Japs. :D
    Had a Bullet some years back, and I certainly agree. Loved it to bits -- and sometimes I had it in bits! They are fun and satisfying to ride, especially winding on from low revs. Nice and torquey, rattling along :-) , but not too fast. Had a series of Japanese also years ago, so yes, a completely different experience!

Advertisement