Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an airport hotel

Options
  • 18-05-2019 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I am flying in to Dublin late on a Saturday. The next day I will take a bus to Donegal.

The hotels all seem to cost 120 to 150 euros. My one requirement is there should be a 24 hour shuttle bus that is easy to get.

Anyone have a hotel they particularly like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The North County Dublin forum probably isn't the best area to ask as no of us are likely to be staying in a hotel on our doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

creeper1 wrote: »
    I am flying in to Dublin late on a Saturday. The next day I will take a bus to Donegal.

The hotels all seem to cost 120 to 150 euros. My one requirement is there should be a 24 hour shuttle bus that is easy to get.

Anyone have a hotel they particularly like?

Premier Inn airside?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I just checked Clayton Dublin Airport and it's €104 (room only).

It's not in the airport terminal area, but has 24/7 shuttle bus.
    I've never stayed, but it should be fine if you just need a bed for the night and location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Used to stay there quite a bit before early morning flights. It's fine and the shuttle service is reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Clayton hotel is perfect, very nice hotel and shuttle every 20-25 mins runs to the airport.. very popular with airline staff

• Advertisement

Erik Shun wrote: »
    .. very popular with airline staff
    They are assigned a hotel by their employer. It's not an indication of how good or bad it is but more of an indication of where their airline gets the best deal/contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

They are assigned a hotel by their employer. It's not an indication of how good or bad it is but more of an indication of where their airline gets the best deal/contract.

I'd presume if they weren't treated correctly..or if they were unhappy, they'd not be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Where does the Donegal bus leave from? the Airport?

Inquitus wrote: »
    Where does the Donegal bus leave from? the Airport?
    Some services travel from Busaras via the airport and then onto Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

BKWDR wrote: »
    Premier Inn airside?

I'd go with this recommendation, its a decent hotel, prices should be cheaper than the Clayton, and other "airport hotels", and the shuttle bus is regular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement