Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CT Lanscaping

Options
  • 18-05-2019 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Has anybody ever used this company. Guy called around to my house in D16 yesterday and seemed very reasonable.
    I cannot find any info online about them though.

https://www.ctlandscaping.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Call us on 555 555-5555 or contact us for your free quote."? "Project Name - Short Project Description"?
    I think they need to review their website, first of all.

If you don't get any answers, maybe contact them and ask them would they be willing to show you some of their previous work, or would they be willing to ask previous customers to talk to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,496 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

'recoulered'?
    it's a bit weird that whoever provided the text for the site misspelled that in the exact same way as one of the customers whose recommendation is provided near the bottom does.

or is recoulering a thing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,496 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

also interesting in that those same three customers seem to live in atlanta:
    https://www.vinesgardening.com/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There's quite a bit of txt spk too. :/ That doesn't mean they can't do a decent job in your garden, but seriously, they should have asked someone to check their website, it doesn't make them look very professional.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

That website was made by a 5 yr old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

The phone number shows up in google as pmlandscaping also. My guess is it’s our nomadic brethren. Personally speaking I’d steer well clear. Far too many alarm bells from that site

Now, this is interesting. The "Visit us" link says:

"Visit Us
    Number, Street,
    City, County, Postcode"

but if you click on it, this comes up: https://www.google.com/maps/search/58+Turkdean+Rd,+Cheltenham,+Gloucestershire+10036,+UK()/@40.5403293,-73.3122787,3z/data=!3m1!4b1

And these are interesting, too.
    https://aleksandrkazakov6640.multiscreensite.com/about-us
    http://www.israelbecool.com/about-us

I think it's a downright scam.

it's clearly a template for a gardener's website or a site nicked from someone else; they may have just paid someone to create the site who took the easy option of finding a suitable template; and i would not necessarily associate being a good gardener with knowing how to maintain a good online presence, but proofreading the site would have been a good idea.

@OP, i'd say the best bet would be to ask them for references, other customers whose gardens you could at least walk past to get an idea of the quality of work done.

The fact that the three contact names are the same for every website (from Israel to the UK) doesn't bode very well, either, template or no template.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Stopped reading at “ur”
    I mean seriously what kind of a business has text speak on their website .
    Unless they are a couple of school kids running a lawn cutting business for the summer !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The first rule is, never employ someone who just calls to your door.
    The second rule is, make your own enquiries and contact a firm that you can establish is apparently reliable.
    The third rule is, get some recommendations.
    All the other rules are - never employ someone who just calls to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Thanks for that investigative work guys.
    Might give these guys a miss.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭standardg60

looksee wrote: »
    The first rule is, never employ someone who just calls to your door.
    The second rule is, make your own enquiries and contact a firm that you can establish is apparently reliable.
    The third rule is, get some recommendations.
    All the other rules are - never employ someone who just calls to your door.

++++1
    Anybody who needs to call to doors looking for work should be steered well clear of imo.
    It frankly astonishes me how many people don't follow this and end up being ripped off.

Fancy websites, fancy brochures, fancy leaflets and especially fancy " discounts" ( off what? You haven't got the price yet) are all turn offs for me.

There is nothing better than a personal recommendation or seeing other work in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

VAT number (can be made up I suppose)
    Base address
    Landline phone number
    Decent website

The essentials for me to start with, for any job.

The amount of fliers coming in the door with just a mobile number and no other info is crazy.

I’d rather pay for a reputable firm than a fly by night any day.

Just my tuppence.

Advertisement