Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Theory Test

Options
  • 18-05-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi
    After waiting a month today was my day for my driver theory test. When I presented myself at 12 today I was told that I couldn't sit the test because my Name was spelt wrong on the form..... can someone please tell me what happens now. I'm absolutely fuming as I cancelled a job today to sit the test.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Hi
    After waiting a month today was my day for my driver theory test. When I presented myself at 12 today I was told that I couldn't sit the test because my Name was spelt wrong on the form..... can someone please tell me what happens now. I'm absolutely fuming as I cancelled a job today to sit the test.
    Thanks in advance

never in my life heard of it, was there a major difference in spelling or indeed name?

Such as Joe Bloggs/Joseph Bloggs?

i have used an abbreviated version of my name for the majority of my life, including for theory tests etc, while it wasn't my official christian name they still permitted me to sit the test but informed me the cert would contain what is on my birth cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi
    Thanks in advance

You need to reapply and use the correct spelling of your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Drummer1967

never in my life heard of it, was there a major difference in spelling or indeed name?

Such as Joe Bloggs/Joseph Bloggs?

i have used an abbreviated version of my name for the majority of my life, including for theory tests etc, while it wasn't my official christian name they still permitted me to sit the test but informed me the cert would contain what is on my birth cert.

Aidan was spelt Aidian
    No excuse as she asked for my RSI number so my details were on the screen in front of her.
    Her English was very poor for someone in that position but that's no good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Drummer1967

Del2005 wrote: »
    You need to reapply and use the correct spelling of your name.

I was told I'd be charged another €85

Aidan was spelt Aidian
    No excuse as she asked for my RSI number so my details were on the screen in front of her.
    Her English was very poor for someone in that position but that's no good to me

Can’t say I’ve heard of the Aidan misspelling before, I’ve seen Adrian done like that though.

• Advertisement

I was told I'd be charged another €85

That’s correct you will be charged €85 again.

You can contact the RSA directly however and plead your case, but it’s likely it will fall on deaf ears.

I’m unsure if they type in your PPS number and the whole lot comes up in front of them for application purposes.

For licence and CPC queries it does though.

Have you already contacted the RSA by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I had to do the test recently as I’m going for another licence.

Chap checking in before me had an error on his information and the lady gave him an number to ring. She said go out and ring now and they will resolve it.

I was maybe 10 minutes into my test when he came in to do his so it obviously worked.

That was Cavan, they seemed very accommodating.

Advertisement