If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony AF8 or Panasonic FZ952b

Options
  • 18-05-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Looking to make hay on either a 2018 55" Sony or Panasonic with the 2019 models due out shortly. I had been thinking Panasonic all along until I was told that Sony is better for motion. I really don't want to see any ghosting or artefacts any time I have the odd sports match on. I've received separate advise on this, one person said that there is negligible difference between both models as they are both running at 100hz. A second person said that the sony would still be better for sport. 

This made me lean for the sony but I see online that you are doing a decent deal on the panasonic. I don't think I'll go wrong with either but at this price point I don't want to have any regrets.

What would you recommend?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

bemak wrote: »
    Hi guys. Looking to make hay on either a 2018 55" Sony or Panasonic with the 2019 models due out shortly. I had been thinking Panasonic all along until I was told that Sony is better for motion. I really don't want to see any ghosting or artefacts any time I have the odd sports match on. I've received separate advise on this, one person said that there is negligible difference between both models as they are both running at 100hz. A second person said that the sony would still be better for sport. 

This made me lean for the sony but I see online that you are doing a decent deal on the panasonic. I don't think I'll go wrong with either but at this price point I don't want to have any regrets.

What would you recommend?
    Hi Bemak.

I prefer the Sony over all the other manufacturer's OLED's.
    While both may be 100Hz televisions the processors that each use are totally different. Sony's X1 Extreme is the difference!

I own a LG one myself and love it but the Sonys are the better televisions.

Our deal on these at the minute is competitive and I got back about the Currys pricing on your previous post in the OLED vouchers thread. I checked over HN and they are the same deal also but charge 25 euro shipping. Making us the better deal by 20 - 25 Euro plus the extra year gaurantee.

There are very few off the Sony's left as there new range has already hit the shelves and production has stopped on the 2018 models.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

Interesting. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm based in Ireland so I could collect in store at HN if needed be. Just trying to source the best value. So the Sony is worth circa 150e more than the Panasonic?

I'll have a think about it and get back to you. Thanks again

Interesting. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm based in Ireland so I could collect in store at HN if needed be. Just trying to source the best value. So the Sony is worth circa 150e more than the Panasonic?

I'll have a think about it and get back to you. Thanks again
    Hey Bemak.

The 55AF8 and the 55Z952 are the same price of 1799 Euro, so there is no difference in price between the two.

I agree you could collect locally from HN but are you going to get the same level of service as you are getting here from us ;)

To keep ahead of their price and under our own price beat T&C's I can go to 1789 Euro 

Is the Panasonic not £1399 on your site (if you apply the code to get £80 off)? That works out at 1,595e

Is the sony worth 200e more?

Is the Panasonic not £1399 on your site (if you apply the code to get £80 off)? That works out at 1,595e

Is the sony worth 200e more?
    Hi Bemak.

That 1595 Euro price would depend on your banks exchange rate.

If you want to pay in sterling then the 55AF8 would work out at £1689 - £100 voucher = £1589
    The 55FZ would be £1479 - £80 voucher = £1399.

There is probably not a full £200 of difference in the picture quality but in the overall product then yes the Sony is still worth the extra in my opinion.
    Its really is down to the individual regarding the extra features like the android operating system of the Sony and the Acoustic surface for the speaker setup.
    The Sony can also process Dolby vision and as mentioned before the Sony processor is superior to that of the Panasonic.

The overall difference on price would be on the whole product and not just picture quality.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny. Plenty to think about. Could you quote me for both including a sanus VMF620-B2 TV mount and delivery? Just so I know where I'm at. Thanks again. Barry

Thanks Kenny. Plenty to think about. Could you quote me for both including a sanus VMF620-B2 TV mount and delivery? Just so I know where I'm at. Thanks again. Barry
    No problem at all Barry.

The VMF620 is not a bracket we have stocked and is listed on the Sanus website as only taking up to a 50" screen.

We have the BLF213-B1 which looks almost the same. Retails at £149
    I could offer a deal on this with a TV for £100
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202745-sanus-blf213-b1-cantilever-40-84-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx

Delivery would be free of charge.

55AF8, 6 year guarantee, delivery and with bracket = £1689
    55FZ952, 6 year guarantee, delivery and with bracket = £1499

Thanks a mil. Will get back to you

Cheers Bemak.

Would you do those prices with the Vogels 3345 mount? Reading reviews of that Sanus online don't fill me with confidence! The vogel on the other hand is very well reviewed.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bemak,

there are actually discount vouchers that you can use on the Panasonic and Sony TV's that will reduce the price significantly for you - 

Panasonic TX55FZ952 - retail is £1479 but if you use voucher code 'OLED150' at the checkout then that will reduce it to just £1329 which is a good saving over the Euro pricing at €1799.

If you opted for the Sony 55AF8 then again just use the voucher 'RSTV100' and that will reduce the price from £1689 to £1589 - but on that one you may actually be better opting for the €1799 euro price ( worth checking out the FX rates?)  ..

On the brackets - TBH I really like the SANUS range but the Vogels are also really well engineered and we would do you a 10% discount on the Vogels if purchased with the TV at in a bundle.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

One last question - would the AF9 be a big step up over both the FZ952 and AF8?

One last question - would the AF9 be a big step up over both the FZ952 and AF8?
    Hey Benmak.

There is a price jump to start with.

The 55AF9 would come in at £2199 - The voucher of £200 (RSTV200) makes the total £1899.
    It would be £310 more expensive than the af8 and £570 more than the 55FZ952.

Again you are not pay the difference for just picture quality.
    The design of the AF9 is completely different the others mentioned. The AF9 uses an even better processor the X1 Ultimate which helps give the best possible image.
    With the design of the AF9 the stand contains the subwoofer and the connections.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Kenny. I'm taking my time to think about it hence just enquiring about the AF9. Comparisons online between it and the FZ952 seem to put them on par with each other, bar the odd thing here and there. No TV is perfect. I have an nvidia shield so I'm less concerned about the OS. 

Would you say that the Panasonic is probably better value considering what you're getting for the money?

Thanks Kenny. I'm taking my time to think about it hence just enquiring about the AF9. Comparisons online between it and the FZ952 seem to put them on par with each other, bar the odd thing here and there. No TV is perfect. I have an nvidia shield so I'm less concerned about the OS. 

Would you say that the Panasonic is probably better value considering what you're getting for the money?
    Hey Benmark.

It really is a mine field as there are so many different features and add ons. Picture quality wise the Panasonic is the best value for Money, with the AF9 at the top of the list.

You are totally correct in taking your time as it is a large purchase and one you want to get right but in all honesty all the OLED televisions are fantastic!!!

Thanks Kenny. Do you have many of the Panasonics left in stock?

Thanks Kenny. Do you have many of the Panasonics left in stock?
    Hi Bemak.

There are a very small quantity of them left in our main warehouse but this is between 53 store so I can't see them hanging around for too long.

Panasonic TX55FZ952 - retail is £1479 but if you use voucher code 'OLED150' at the checkout then that will reduce it to just £1329 which is a good saving over the Euro pricing at €1799.

Hi John, tried this code earlier and it didn't work for me?

Hi Bemak,

that OLED150 voucher had expired on the TX55FZ952 and was replaced by an £80 voucher, but I have re-instated it for you today and it will work fine today ;) ( just checked it!)

Thanks for that and drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John, 

Thanks for that. It's working now. If you could hold delivery until Wednesday next week that would be great. There wouldn't be anyone at home before then is all. 

• Advertisement

Bemak,

thanks for that - I'll chat to emmaj@richersounds.ie who looks after our online logistics and 'twill be done :)

Thanks for the order bemak - it's really appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Bemak,

thanks for that - I'll chat to emmaj@richersounds.ie who looks after our online logistics and 'twill be done :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John. Delighted with that!

Bemak,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John. Delighted with that!
    Cheers Bemak.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.