Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Piggy Bank.

Options
  • 18-05-2019 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭

How long before someone tries to break into it.

the-pig-performing-at-carlow-arts-festival-2019-390x285.jpg

THIS MONTH, A large transparent pig is going to be placed on a Carlow street.

Inside the Pig will be an LED sign, saying:
    This is a community fund. You can contribute to it if you like, and when you’ve agreed how to spend it you can open me and spend it. #ThePig

But what is the Pig, and what are people supposed to do with it?

The Pig is the creation of the Essex, UK-based studio Kaleider, which designs and produces what it calls “extraordinary live experiences”.

Its art projects travel around the world visiting public spaces, and force people to ask themselves questions about how they see and interact with the world around them.

https://www.thejournal.ie/carlow-arts-festival-pig-community-fund-4633587-May2019/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Will only be in position for duration of Eigse (feck them & their Carlow Arts Festival) which is Friday the 7th to Sunday the 9th of June....I presume or maybe a day or two before?

Wonder where'll be safest; Potato Mkt. on a Friday or Saturday night.....?

Or on College St. but moved onto grounds of Carlow College at night?

With Mimosa one end & La Boheme in middle & Irishmans @ the end it **could** be lucrative.

Remember though Eigse themselves're a charity so could dip into it themselves......when they're finished shaking buckets or the water drums at people that is.

Advertisement