Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptopsdirect.ie

Options
  • 19-05-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Last July I ordered a Lenovo laptop and it arrived several weeks late. Two months ago it just would not turn on and after googling I learnt this was an issue that many people had but was fixed by the company and everything was fine. I contacted laptopsdirect because my laptop was still in warranty.

It took them a week to organize my collection and failed to collect it the two days they said they would. Finally it was collected, but the following week I got a phone call telling me it wasn't collected. I rang them and they told me that they would carry out an investigation.

I then got an email that informed me my laptop had been found but said nothing about what they were going to do with it. I rang them asking what would be done. They informed me the tech-team would be inspecting my laptop the process said it would take 5 days.

6 days later I received an email saying that my laptop was logged for repairs and it would take 28days. i contacted them through email to see if there was anyway i could get this process sped up. the email i got back showed clearly that they hadn't read my email and went into detail on why they wouldn't replace my laptop before trying to repair mine.

At this point i have been without a laptop for a month and am getting very frustrated. I email clearly stating i am not looking for a replacement or refund, and requested a more senior member of staff.

I got a voicemail because i missed the call explaining why they wouldn't give me a refund or replacement. I got an email that also related to this voicemail. I emailed back again stating that I was not asking for a refund or replacement and that it was clear it had not been read. I outlined that i didn't believe the appropriate attention was being given to my issue and that i wanted to deal wit another more senior member of staff again.

the next email stated that my issues have already been escalated to a case manger who i was dealing with. At this point I gave up and decided to wait out the 28days.

on the 14 days in I got an email saying my laptop was undergoing the repair process. I hadn't the time to respond because of exam study and assignments.

on the 29th day I received a phone call saying my laptop was repaired. I was like great when will i get it back. They said they would ring me to let me know in 3days time. they didn't call me.

A week went by before I had time to follow this up. I sent them an email saying i never got an update on what was happening and would like to know what is happening. They said that they have identified a new fault with my laptop and this has delayed the process. then they said if you have any other issues please let us know.

I replied asking what this meant and if my laptop was going to be sent for repairs again and if so how long would it be before I get my laptop.

I have been without my laptop for 2 months now and laptops direct have been impossible to deal with. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and knows how to get this resolved without having to wait a month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Was this a second hand laptop? I don't see why laptops direct are anywhere near it, lenovo should be fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 17403804

Was this a second hand laptop? I don't see why laptops direct are anywhere near it, lenovo should be fixing it.

It was a refurbished laptop I bought off laptops direct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Again...A V O I D laptopsdirect !!!

Bought a charging trolley from them.
    Money went straight out of the card.

Placed a O N E unit order,they emailed saying i ordered T W O.
    They cancelled one of the orfders,dunno which or why .
    Then,i received the invoice.

Minutes later,good news...received note that item is in warehouse and will be delivered shortly,with a DHL UK tracking number.
    Good News! Your order (1111111is on its way. It left our warehouse today and should be with you shortly.
    To track the progress of your order click here.

Next morning,i get another email saying that the item is no longer available from our suppliers !!!!
    We regret to inform you that part of your order is no longer available from our suppliers. Occasionally we will experience a time delay on product information, whereby a manufacturer will no longer have stock and will discontinue a product before we are able to update our systems.
    Our Sales Team will be in touch shortly to discuss alternatives. Our expert team will, wherever possible, be able to offer you a similar product to your first choice.
    You are under no obligation to change your order and have the option of a full refund. We do however recommend speaking to our team first as we can normally offer an alternative to meet the same criteria and needs.
    Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you need any further assistance you can contact us on 1520 932 632.

Got three emails from their business account managers thanking me for the order adn welcoming to their services...

Now,i called them few times and after waiting tens of minutes i gave up .

Emailed them and waiting for a reply.

Money hasnt been refunded,i guess that will take another month,calls and proof of purchase and other stupid confirmaitons.

In short ... A V O I D !!!!!

Advertisement