Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Band

• 19-05-2019 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

I'm on the lookout for a good band for a wedding close to Limerick in 12 months time. Would anybody have any recommendations or advice on who to avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

denismac wrote: »
    I'm on the lookout for a good band for a wedding close to Limerick in 12 months time. Would have anybody have any recommendations or advice on who to avoid?

Do you have a budget in mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I booked The Guests to play in July. They have been very easy to deal with in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Do you have a budget in mind?

Well, I am willing to pay right for a decent group. I've heard that there are some groups that charge well but if they're worth it....

I booked The Guests to play in July. They have been very easy to deal with in fairness.
    Have you got any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I read this comment and thought... what a plonker! OP is looking for a wedding RING (band) not a musical band. Christ alive I think I'm starting to go backwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

Miike wrote: »
    I read this comment and thought... what a plonker! OP is looking for a wedding RING (band) not a musical band. Christ alive I think I'm starting to go backwards.

If it’s any consolation I was thinking the same

Gary Owen wrote: »
    If it’s any consolation I was thinking the same

I clicked in for the same thing as we are in the process of getting our bands.

@OP Yes, I'll pm you a number. They got our DJ gig too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Traffic are a great wedding band.

What is the price of some of these wedding groups? I know you get what you pay for but for the better known bands what is a ballpark figure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

killwill wrote: »
    Traffic are a great wedding band.

They do a brilliant job across everything (church/reception/DJ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Another recommendation for Traffic.
    https://www.facebook.com/trafficmusiclive/

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Miike wrote: »

It's not just you . . . . .:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

One September are excellent as are Traffic, I’ve attended weddings where they both played. If I had to choose the One September would edge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

One September are excellent as are Traffic, I’ve attended weddings where they both played. If I had to choose the One September would edge it.

Was at a function at the weekend and one September were playing they were great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Silver Dollar. Have seen them at a few weddings and they were very good.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately Traffic are not available on the date I need but I'll try some others.

3 weeks on from our wedding and I couldn't have been happier with The Guests. Loads of people commented on how good they were and how well they read the crowd. The dancefloor was full all night. 10/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

I paid €2500 for J90. Worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I had the Funk Junkies at mine last year, they used to have a residency in Nancy's, brilliant band but not playing together anymore, the lead singer is a friend of mine so managed to get them to do it as a one off, they were outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I had the Funk Junkies at mine last year, they used to have a residency in Nancy's, brilliant band but not playing together anymore, the lead singer is a friend of mine so managed to get them to do it as a one off, they were outstanding.

Can't be that good of a mate seeing as they're still playing Nancy's every third Wednesday. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

adaminho wrote: »
    Can't be that good of a mate seeing as they're still playing Nancy's every third Wednesday. :D

Well they weren't when I booked them, and I don't get opportunities to go out in town on Wednesday nights anymore unfortunately. Great band though.

Paul is an old neighbour of mine so know him pretty well. Also live next door to his brother ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fergaldogg

Raindance based in Galway, they know their business well and offer DJ services also so a complete package for the wedding music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Advertisement