Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week Old Oven Not Heating

Options
  • 19-05-2019 9:10pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

As the title would suggest, my new oven isn't working.

I bought online from DID and had it delivered last week. We've used it a couple of times, and all was grand, cooked everything well etc

So then this evening I went to pre-heat it before putting the dinner in, and noticed that the little light that comes on while the oven comes up to temperature didn't come on, however the interior light and the fan both came on. When I came back to it 10 mins later, it was still cold inside.

Went through the troubleshooting section in the manual (which was pretty crap) and still no joy. DID's online chat wasn't open, so I sent in an email with the details and asking them to call me tomorrow.

So I'm wondering what my rights are in terms of the 3 R's. I don't think I'd be happy with a repair considering that the thing is a week old and has been used a grand total of 3 times. I'd be happy with a replacement, but can they insist on trying to repair it? It'll be pretty inconvenient for me if it's gone for repairs and I'm trying to figure out hob-only dinners for a week or two. Also, seeing as it was bought online, do they have to come and collect it, or will I have to organise getting it into one of their stores?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Had an issue with oven from DID and they replaced it without hesitation.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That’s good to hear! I’m hoping it’ll be straightforward and they’ll replace it.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just to update on this, DID replaced the oven today. They had to send out an engineer to confirm there was a fault and then they agreed to replace it for me. They also installed the replacement at no charge, so happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Happy days! They have very good aftercare service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Happy days! They have very good aftercare service.

+1

Having had terribly bad experiences with other electrical retailers, I find DID to be excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I bought all the appliances for our new house in DID. Couldn’t fault them based on that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Good to hear that they looked after the OP, will remember that the next time I'm buying large appliances.

I ordered and paid for a small appliance (€25) on the DID website for collection in Stillorgan. There was a delay getting the item in stock and in the meantime, I found it at a lower price (€20) in Power City. Went back to the DID website, cancelled the order and they refunded my money. In fairness, they would have been within their rights to make me wait another few days so I was surprised how easy it was to back out of the transaction

Top marks all round to DID.

Yeah, I was expecting a battle to get them to replace as opposed to try and take if away for repair, but very happy with the outcome.

Power City would want to take a leaf out of DID's book, I had dreadful hassle with a dehumidifier from them a couple of years ago, and I'd never buy from them again, even if it was cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I had that problem with a new oven some years ago. Christmas dinner ruined etc. Under warranty so repair carried out by agent.("microelectonic switch fault"). It happened again some time later but out of warranty so got another chap out to repair. He apologised and said nothing wrong with it but it needed a tiny knob tightening. It turned on/off heat when the oven door opened and it was not re engaging when the door shut hence no heat yet fan and light on. Something like the way the fridge turns light on when door opened only in reverse.

Advertisement