Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

How do you people watch this absolute rubbish. Surely watching the rain fall from the sky is better for your mind and mental state than this self-service wagon of shight

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

How do you people watch this absolute rubbish. Surely watching the rain fall from the sky is better for your mind and mental state than this self-service wagon of shight

Because it's light entertainment.

You don't have to agree, but what's the point in coming into a thread about the show to slam it and contribute nothing to the thread?

There's plenty of people who don't like it, which is grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

In Ireland we see rain almost every day. Yesterday morning there was a ferocious rainstorm and driving on the M50 was hazardous, and we are in summer!!
    8 weeks of love island is good for our hearts, heads and souls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Get real pal, this is proper TV. Stop kidding yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Faugheen wrote: »
    Because it's light entertainment.

You don't have to agree, but what's the point in coming into a thread about the show to slam it and contribute nothing to the thread?

There's plenty of people who don't like it, which is grand.

My point was to go on record with my dislike of the 'show'

I do think there is plenty of harm in the fact younger viewers may watch this and aspire to be like the contestants.
    Being slutty, low IQ, low self respect, crude etc - all qualities that shouldn't be be inspirational.

I am all for entertainment but this really is bottom of the barrel stuff.
    Each to their own of course and more power to you if you have the patience to suffer through this.
    Life is too short.

• Advertisement

I do think there is plenty of harm in the fact younger viewers may watch this and aspire to be like the contestants.
    Being slutty, low IQ, low self respect, crude etc - all qualities that should be be inspirational.

Each to their own of course and more power to you if you have the patience to suffer through this.
    Life is too short.

Check yourself , IIWII.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Being slutty, low IQ, low self respect, crude etc - all qualities that should be be inspirational.

Life is too short.

Every member will still end up richer and more successful then you even with the low iq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Life is too short.
    I agree, yet here you are posting multiple times on this thread..your dislike is on record...now....off with ya.

Anyway away from the detractors.

Amber will be a snake in the grass while there last night's reaction she was stirring the pot.

Amy will be another Camilla.

Joe will fall in love with 2 or 3 girls in his time there.

Tommy will be gone soon, not genuine.

Michael and Callum are dreadful to watch they literally do nothing and their conversations are quite dull.

Anton is gonna cause some beef and be hated.

Yewande needs to get the first plane back to Dublin airport.

Curtis is a coaster and will see any is vulnerable and coast the series till exposed.

Anna and Sherif have potential I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Did anyone find out what "the eagle" is? I looked it up but found various answers.

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Did anyone find out what "the eagle" is? I looked it up but found various answers.

3_37_2.png

Even you great great grandmother tried that one ffs....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Being slutty, low IQ, low self respect, crude etc - all qualities that shouldn't be be inspirational.

Life is too short.

Your opinion of the show has been noted and saved in our files, thank you for going on record.

I would now like to formally announce that I do in fact enjoy the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It's something you love to hate or hate to love, or a bit of both.

They annoy me, cheesy brain dead eejits, but I get a laugh out of them. And its interesting to watch how people develop and cant really hide their true character no matter how hard they try. Every time I say I'm not watching it again, it is pure tripe, but its a bit of escapism on a rainy Tuesday evening. You'd have to wonder how people got so vacuous, you'd have to wonder how all of this preening and grooming is not doing them any good, given that some of them look 20 going on 45!

Light relief, you dont have to use your brain to watch, in fact, its better if you dont!

The laughs here are great too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

When are the eliminations on?

When are the eliminations on?

Usually immunity for first week they will play games for a week and **** up some relationships first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

To go on record, LOL

All the talk about none of the couples lasting I decided to scope how the Aussies fared. I didn't expect any to be together a year on but some were gas and done within 2 weeks after!

There was one couple surprisingly still together (
    Josh and Amelia
    ) which is quite funny as they didn't win it and others in the house and watching accused the girl of faking her feelings for the guy and being a game player, just using his feelings and knowing he would be popular.

Very similar to a lot of people's views on Joe and Lucy. However think it's rare any of them actually last, but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

KatW4 wrote: »
    Yes! Delighted he picked Lucie. I love the drama of it all. Also delighted he didn't pick Amber. She's so horrible. Looks like she will be fairly upset in tomorrow's episode.
    Johner wrote: »
    Good man Tommy. Lucie is fake, was going to try coast through the show with Joe to win. Glad they were broken up.
    LirW wrote: »
    No matter what I'm in Team Anton because he's a good bit denser than the others paired up with accidental hilarity and people like him always amuse others without knowing because they're so thick but also don't sulk over it.

I mean his mother shaves his arse!
    Last night I thought Tommy was very “hawt” and he is ... but I’m bored of him already. I think if you’re going to watch this you have to accept early on that intellectual conversation or debate is not going to feature.
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    Amber has a vile, superior attitude. I think we all knew a mean girl like her in school, the type who could make you feel stupid and 2 feet tall for saying the most innocent of things.
    The kind who would take the p*ss in front of lads for attention, you know?
    She’s so nasty but very entertaining so I hope she lasts so she can stir up some drama.

Yerwande is naturally so beautiful but as dull as dishwasher. She’s going to get swallowed up by the bigger personalities if she doesn’t stop being a wallflower.

Curtis is a bit camp but the only one with any real personality, he’s so witty and very handsome (imo), he’s my favourite for now.

Don’t find Tommy attractive at all, I think he’s very similar in looks to your average insta influencer with the faded haircut, muscles and tattoos.
    If I had a look through my newsfeed I could probably find about 10 lads who look exactly like him.

I personally would find the likes of Curtis, Callum and Joe much more attractive because they look less high maintenance, but that’s just me :pac:
    The line up isn't as good as previous years. We need a few more snakey people in to spice it up. Hoping Amber upends the house she seems twisted haha
    Lucie is trying to be the Dani Dyer, only without the stupid lip pecks cos she’s proper kissing him. Whether or not Joe is in on the scam too is uncertain, but another season of a couple of coasters would be unbearable to watch and also bad for the show.
    Amber is a love to hate character, which is good!
    The pharmacist, ugh Sherif must’ve felt like he was kissing a large wine gum.
    IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think Amber is a one trick pony. It happens. She is v attractive in looks and she knows it.

However she is quite boring and bland in nature..... and she knows it.

When fine looking birds figure out they haven't got a clue they usually panic and hit the " I am a hard nasty bitch " button. It gets nasty for a while, but the most pathetic thing is when you peel back the bull**** and find blandness underneath.... it happens all the time.

Most birds are well capable of being bitches, but simply don't bother, not to your face anyway. The smart girls know it is a waste of time. The fact that Amber has chosen to tell everyone she is a Diva says it all really. I doubt she even knows who Grace Jones is. She is just a lonely walkover, having a conversation about shades ffs?

I actually feel a bit sorry for her, she is very immature.
    anewme wrote: »
    It's something you love to hate or hate to love, or a bit of both.

They annoy me, cheesy brain dead eejits, but I get a laugh out of them. And its interesting to watch how people develop and cant really hide their true character no matter how hard they try. Every time I say I'm not watching it again, it is pure tripe, but its a bit of escapism on a rainy Tuesday evening. You'd have to wonder how people got so vacuous, you'd have to wonder how all of this preening and grooming is not doing them any good, given that some of them look 20 going on 45!

Light relief, you dont have to use your brain to watch, in fact, its better if you dont!

The laughs here are great too!

Just from the last page alone is why I don't like this show, it instills a nasty tone from people watching it to feel they need to comment on people based on watching 2 hours tv.

Horrible, fake, dense, thick, vile, nasty, dull as a dishwasher, twisted, boring and bland, cheesy brain dead eejits, just some of the terms used in the last 40 posts to describe the contestants.

No wonder we live in a world surrounded by people feeling self conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Just from the last page alone is why I don't like this show, it instills a nasty tone from people watching it to feel they need to comment on people based on watching 2 hours tv.

Horrible, fake, dense, thick, vile, nasty, dull as a dishwasher, twisted, boring and bland, cheesy brain dead eejits, just some of the terms used in the last 40 posts to describe the contestants.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nice one, you'll get a few mob thanks for that

• Advertisement

I'm with you!

Getting rid of Love Island would finally allow us to take a step back to the good old times before television where self consciousness, and nasty tones didn't exist, as there wasn't any of this trash instilling them.

We can finally walk the streets in peace hand by hand, with our bare feet touching the grass. Love Island just the start of our uprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I just don't understand why people would bother posting on a thread about a show that they hate!!

Why bother even reading the thread?!

Does it give you some sort of sense of satisfaction to go out of your way to pick out posts to quote and comment on them?

If you hate the show that much, just move on - ignore the thread - it's really not worth stressing yourself over!!

I couldn't imagine putting posts on a thread about cars or something asking people why bother posting about all these fancy things your car can do - once it gets you from A to B then that's all that should matter!

I'd say your great craic at a party.

I just don't understand why people would bother posting on a thread about a show that they hate!!

Why bother even reading the thread?!

Does it give you some sort of sense of satisfaction to go out of your way to pick out posts to quote and comment on them?

If you hate the show that much, just move on - ignore the thread - it's really not worth stressing yourself over!!

I couldn't imagine putting posts on a thread about cars or something asking people why bother posting about all these fancy things your car can do - once it gets you from A to B then that's all that should matter!

Ah people just want to go on the record with it.

It is what it is.

Would be funny though to go into a football thread to constantly tell people why you dislike football for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ah well, its an awful pity you don't like it.

It is what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys, we say the same thing in the Big Brother thread, the X Factor thread, the BGT thread - if you don't like a show, keep scrolling.

People do like reality TV. Get over it.

By posting your distaste here, you are trolling the people who do like these shows and like to follow along.

We get it, you don't like it. Just move on. Thanks.

IIWII

What would Jesus do? Now... Back to Love island.

Who's early front runners? Anna and Sherif I think they fall in love, well love island love

What would Jesus do? Now... Back to Love island.

Who's early front runners? Anna and Sherif I think they fall in love, well love island love

Think the Curtis lad will go far.

Also I'm hoping Yewande ups her game, swoop in for Joe and become a contender!

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Think the Curtis lad will go far.

Also I'm hoping Yewande ups her game, swoop in for Joe and become a contender!

Do you not see him as a coaster he knows from previous years vulnerable soft girls capture the public.... Up steps Amy. Hurt after 10 hours in the house , he locked on haha

Advertisement