Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

The more Amber & Anna go mental & behave chilish at Michael, the more it proves he made the right choice.

He may go on to win it depending on the fall out! A lot of people don't like Tommy/Molly May as a couple
    Molly Mae and Tommy will never last. A posh English girl and a gypsy, come on people it doesn't happen. They will probably win and get some media out of it but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

anewme wrote: »
    Tbh the show looked show scripted with that Curtis thing and the rest of em with their poorly acted looks of shock.

Curtis certainky wont win any Oscars.

Hes not a good actor at all.
    Not great at dancing either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

LirW wrote: »
    I think he'll walk away as the bigger person and maaaybe even get lucky with another wan.

I’d assumed he was booted but sure he probably has until the end of the week does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I am shaking after that episode - ruthless !!!!

Anna came across as a total b*tch. The faces she pulled at Michael choosing to re-couple when she re-coupled herself. How bizarre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Underground

With Michael and Amber done, and I'm still not convinced by Molly Mae, all Belle has to do is tow the line and backscratch her way to 50k, Anton will do the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Anna came across as a total b*tch. The faces she pulled at Michael choosing to re-couple when she re-coupled herself. How bizarre!

That wasn't just car crash TV, it was a multiple pile up.

It's all gonna kick off tomorrow, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Tomorrow I'd say Danny Michael and Jordan against Anna and Amber, Curtis and Amy have their discussion while Tommy mm, Anton and Bella(I think) avoid it all,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

razorblunt wrote: »
    I’d assumed he was booted but sure he probably has until the end of the week does he?

Honestly I have no idea but I'm sure we'll see tomorrow. Maybe the new singles will all be mixed in Casa Amor?
    Always expect the unexpected :D

Something that amazes me about humans is the dynamic of going from loving a person to hating each other just within minutes. She's p*ssed, his decision is reinforced. I wonder who gets custody of Anna now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

precisely, never liked her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

find it amazing how molly mae was almosting frowning when he picked her over maura yet she was crying this evening, fairly grown on each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

LirW wrote: »
    razorblunt wrote: »

Honestly I have no idea but I'm sure we'll see tomorrow. Maybe the new singles will all be mixed in Casa Amor?
    Always expect the unexpected :D

Something that amazes me about humans is the dynamic of going from loving a person to hating each other just within minutes. She's p*ssed, his decision is reinforced. I wonder who gets custody of Anna now.

This is a rare opinion but personally I'm not a believer in monogamy and think it's a bit unnatural to stick with one partner for life. Seeing how easy heads are turned in the show certainly solidifies my opinion.

I just think it's against humans natural instincts commiting to one partner. That's just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Why would Ovie go for Anna when he would have seen how unpopular she is prior to him going in? I can’t understand that.

I think his head will definitely turn in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I thought Molly Mae's entrance was a bit dramatic. Those tears were cwocodile specials , funny I didn't see her mascara or eye liner run too far, can you get water proof mascara these days?

Baby Tommy is a dote and Lucie still fancies him... there is room for more drama.

Looking forward to the " killins " tomorrow night.

I feel sorry for both Amy and for Jordan a bit. Although I still feel he was very unfair with Maura's ex Tom.

Fair play to Michael for going for what he wants. I have read though that Joanna is a serial WAG in the real world. I can't see her settling for a fireman, unless Everton throw him a contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Underground

Why would Ovie go for Anna when he would have seen how unpopular she is prior to him going in? I can’t understand that.

I think his head will definitely turn in there.

I'd be pretty confident that he was told to go for her by producers. He seems more robot than man, I'm not sure where this connection Anna seems to think they have is.

Same with Joanna, she was told to go in and cause trouble. I don't see any "connection" between herself and Michael and yet Michael fell for her crap hook, line and sinker. He was probably just delighted to be chatting to a girl that didn't send him into a spiralling rage for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Molly Mae and Tommy will never last. A posh English girl and a gypsy, come on people it doesn't happen. They will probably win and get some media out of it but thats it.

Tommy’s father is a settled traveler but I really don’t think they were brought up engrained in that culture. I’m fact, Tommy went to private school and played rugby up until a few years ago. He actually comes across surprisingly well at times too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭PressRun

Can't wait til Michael gets the boot and realises how badly he ****ed himself. He and Amber were well liked as a couple, going by social media. If he'd just played along, they'd have been in with a good shout of winning, imo. He's essentially handed the 50 grand to Tommy and Molly, the dopey prick. You love to see it.

That is the fact of it. Molly Mae will milk it for as long as it takes, it looks like she only went on the show to boost her profile, she has a You Tube vlog already.

I would still like to see Lucie have one last go at Tommy.

I wouldn't write off Anton and Belle either just yet. How many weeks are left exactly? It is over before the end of July?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,854 ✭✭✭✭klose

PressRun wrote: »
    Can't wait til Michael gets the boot and realises how badly he ****ed himself. He and Amber were well liked as a couple, going by social media. If he'd just played along, they'd have been in with a good shout of winning, imo. He's essentially handed the 50 grand to Tommy and Molly, the dopey prick. You love to see it.

I could be wrong here but the 50 grand probably pales in Comparison to the money they will receive from sponsorship deals/ PR stuff/ meet and greets etc.. They will get when it all wraps up. Anybody in the show since the start that makes it to the end/ or near enough will be doing very well for themselves afterwards.

It looks like he has been rightly duped all right.

Give it a week and Joanna could be coupling up with big Ovie.

Poor Michael could be back chasing cats up trees before he knows it.

klose wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but the 50 grand probably pales in Comparison to the money they will recurve from sponser**** deals/ PR stuff/ meet and greets etc.. They will get when it all wraps up. Anybody in the show since the start that makes it to the end/ or near enough will be doing very well for themselves afterwards.

Sure, but I don't think he's going to come out of this with a great reputation, whereas he had the opportunity to come out of it looking pretty well if he'd just sucked it up and played the game. The latest move isn't going down well with a lot of people, from what I can see. Could see that impacting on his ability to capitalise fully.

• Advertisement

My god Anna is awful. Such hypocrisy. Shafts Jordan (Jordan Who? she says yesterday) and loses the head because Michael choose someone else. Great TV though tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sure, but I don't think he's going to come out of this with a great reputation, whereas he had the opportunity to come out of it looking pretty well if he'd just sucked it up and played the game. The latest move isn't going down well with a lot of people, from what I can see. Could see that impacting on his ability to capitalise fully.

Yeah he would have had a great reputation as the whipped lad that hung on to the gobby child on Love Island if he'd just stuck with Amber

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Curtis was hilarious, what a perfect combination of sleaze bag and people pleaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The 25k each prize money is nothing, even the 50k if one of them steals, compared to what they will earn afterwards. Sure Wes gave up a good job with British rail or something to be a professional celebrity. And look at that Olivia Atwood, she is making so much money now she can get so much plastic surgery. Dani Dyer will be far more wealthy than her father by the time her ‘celebrity’ career ends.

Yeah he would have had a great reputation as the whipped lad that hung on to the gobby child on Love Island if he'd just stuck with Amber

Better than the fickle, disloyal lad who cracked on with someone else and bad mouthed the girl who wouldn't even participate in challenges in another house out of loyalty to him.

Don't know what happens in the next ep obviously, but he's come out of this recoupling looking like a wanker while she's come out of it looking far more sympathetic.

He managed to screw himself out of a potentially winning position. Amazing really.

Curtis was hilarious, what a perfect combination of sleaze bag and people pleaser.

I've watched his speech 3 times now. It's the kind of car crash stuff you just can't look away from. Again, you love to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

The 25k each prize money is nothing, even the 50k if one of them steals, compared to what they will earn afterwards. Sure Wes gave up a good job with British rail or something to be a professional celebrity. And look at that Olivia Atwood, she is making so much money now she can get so much plastic surgery. Dani Dyer will be far more wealthy than her father by the time her ‘celebrity’ career ends.

And look at Chris Hughes of Chris and Kem fame,hes landed himself a cushie number presenting for ITV horse racing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Better than the fickle, disloyal lad who cracked on with someone else and bad mouthed the girl who wouldn't even participate in challenges in another house out of loyalty to him.

Don't know what happens in the next ep obviously, but he's come out of this recoupling looking like a wanker while she's come out of it looking far more sympathetic.

He managed to screw himself out of a potentially winning position. Amazing really.

Looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree because I don't think it's either fickle or disloyal and the dog in the street could see that he let Amber away with more than he was comfortable with.

Fickle and/or disloyal is what wins you the cash at the end. I doubt he'll get his hands on it but people see through the charade of sticking with someone to stay in with a chance of the money.

I'd hold off on judging how much sympathy people might have for her until I see her actual reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

You know what really made me dislike Curtis and Michael? The fact they never ONCE considered that their girls might have recoupled in Casa Amor. That their entire dilemma was down to them picking who they fancied while the girls sat around waiting on the choice. Aaargh. So self centered.

And of course... They were right. Amy and Amber got shafted. I feel sorry for them both, even if they are annoying. The lads are weasels though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

maxsmum wrote: »
    You know what really made me dislike Curtis and Michael? The fact they never ONCE considered that their girls might have recoupled in Casa Amor. That their entire dilemma was down to them picking who they fancied while the girls sat around waiting on the choice. Aaargh. So self centered.

And of course... They were right. Amy and Amber got shafted. I feel sorry for them both, even if they are annoying. The lads are weasels though.

People feeling sorry for Amber and Amy befuddle me. They are both immature and in different way pretty awful people.

Hate to be that person but..,,,. If you reversed if the lads behave the way both Amber and Amy had people would be screaming “controlling, Toxic and immature”... Anna done basically the same and the majority have let it slide (on here but on the wider media), why is that?

Advertisement