Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

maxsmum wrote: »
    You know what really made me dislike Curtis and Michael? The fact they never ONCE considered that their girls might have recoupled in Casa Amor. That their entire dilemma was down to them picking who they fancied while the girls sat around waiting on the choice. Aaargh. So self centered.

And of course... They were right. Amy and Amber got shafted. I feel sorry for them both, even if they are annoying. The lads are weasels though.

The name of the game is to find love.

The two lads thought they were onto a good thing at the start, they can now see they weren't being themselves and realize they won't truly be happy staying with their original partners.
    As a result they've attempted to find a better match that suits them better.

The lads are not weasels like you say, Amber and Amy are not the nicest of people and the lads have finally copped that.

The lads would be weasels if they stayed with Amber and Amy despite knowing they weren't actually happy with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Esse85 wrote: »
    The name of the game is to find love.

The two lads thought they were onto a good thing at the start, they can now see they weren't being themselves and realize they won't truly be happy staying with their original partners.
    As a result they've attempted to find a better match that suits them better.

The lads are not weasels like you say, Amber and Amy are not the nicest of people and the lads have finally copped that.

The lads would be weasels if they stayed with Amber and Amy despite knowing they weren't actually happy with either.

I have to say I do agree with you when it comes to Michael, I think he's been genuine and honest about his relationship with Amber. However I don't believe for a second that Curtis is genuine, and I fully believe that he's realised that his relationship with Amy isn't the cash cow that he originally thought it was, so he's tried to move on but still perceive himself as a "nice guy".

The fact that Michael was in a "top 3" couple and has thrown it all away for someone else shows that the prize is secondary to him to finding love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭PressRun

Oh please.
    It's all a game. None of them are going to to "find love" and I dont believe that was going through any of their minds as they made their decision. Curtis wouldn't have wavered from Amy if he hadn't been given an inclination that the public didn't like her. He's purely in it to win it and thought he had it won. He went into full on panic mode when he realised they weren't that well liked as a couple and ended up making bad decisions.
    Michael, on the other hand, let a tweet about being whipped play on his mind. His own fragile self esteem drove him to create a wedge between himself and Amber. He thought that "manning up" against Amber would make him look good. The fact that his "flirting" consisted solely of bad mouthing the girl he had been sharing a bed with for 3 weeks or whatever it was just shows how insecure he is. And people want to say Amber is immature. She knew exactly how to play it. Loyalty will always play better with the public. Michael and Curtis are just too dumb to realise it.

The whole point of Casa Amor is to manufacture drama and rinse a few of the couples.
    The only ones being smart are Tommy and Molly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Catching up now, an excellent episode, best part was Molly May getting all upset and not a single tear came out!!! Tommy reaction to Lucy and George was interesting.

Did they not dump those who came back single in previous years?, then again producers couldn't lose Amber yet.

Looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree because I don't think it's either fickle or disloyal and the dog in the street could see that he let Amber away with more than he was comfortable with.

Fickle and/or disloyal is what wins you the cash at the end. I doubt he'll get his hands on it but people see through the charade of sticking with someone to stay in with a chance of the money.

I'd hold off on judging how much sympathy people might have for her until I see her actual reaction

What was he letting her away with?
    He only seemed to decide all of this when he heard a tweet about him being whipped. Again, it's all about public perception. People were buying into Michael and Amber, whether you like her or not. He became preoccupied with a tweet about his personality and let that dictate his decision despite the fact that, from as far as I can see, that singular tweet doesn't actually reflect how many people felt about them as a couple. If they'd read out a tweet that said Amber and Michael were really cute or something, or that Michael was holding his own well with Amber, he wouldn't have jumped ship, I'd nearly guarantee it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

PressRun wrote:
    Oh please. It's all a game. None of them are going to to "find love" and I dont believe that was going through any of their minds as they made their decision. Curtis wouldn't have wavered from Amy if he hadn't been given an inclination that the public didn't like her. He's purely in it to win it and thought he had it won. He went into full on panic mode when he realised they weren't that well liked as a couple and ended up making bad decisions. Michael, on the other hand, let a tweet about being whipped play on his mind. His own fragile self esteem drove him to create a wedge between himself and Amber. He thought that "manning up" against Amber would make him look good. The fact that his "flirting" consisted solely of bad mouthing the girl he had been sharing a bed with for 3 weeks or whatever it was just shows how insecure he is. And people want to say Amber is immature. She knew exactly how to play it. Loyalty will always play better with the public. Michael and Curtis are just too dumb to realise it.

PressRun wrote:
    The whole point of Casa Amor is to manufacture drama and rinse a few of the couples. The only ones being smart are Tommy and Molly.

I must be the only sucker but i thought the tears were genuine from Molly yesterday i.e. she was trying to play it cool the past few days (being an influencer she is alot more media trained no doubt) and when she got in and saw Tommy alone it all overwhelmed her like it had everyone in tears. As for Tommy i think he really is just all heart.
    Or maybe I am just a sucker ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Tommy reaction to Lucy and George was interesting.

Yeah no ones talking about Tommys face when Lucy came back with a fella. That defo stung him.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Edit to add above I have only started watching the show a week ago. And now I am hooked!
    Have to say I really dont like your man Michael (even before last nights drama) I think previous poster is right he is full of sh#t and does what he is told albeit by producers/ the woman is he is seeing. He allowed it with Amber so why is he badmouthing her just as much his doing. I hope he gets shafted. I don't think Joanna is the quiet little woman she appears to be lol.

I must be the only sucker but i thought the tears were genuine from Molly yesterday i.e. she was trying to play it cool the past few days (being an influencer she is alot more media trained no doubt) and when she got in and saw Tommy alone it all overwhelmed her like it had everyone in tears. As for Tommy i think he really is just all heart.
    Or maybe I am just a sucker ...

I think she was just relieved to still be in and not be mugged off tbh.
    I mean, fair play to her, in my opinion. She's managed to turn things around from when she first went in. She was given the **** stirrer tag by producers at the beginning and managed to win people over. Same with Maura - she was supposed to originally go in for Casa Amor and then producers decided to put her in early with the purpose of creating drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

maxsmum wrote: »
    You know what really made me dislike Curtis and Michael? The fact they never ONCE considered that their girls might have recoupled in Casa Amor. That their entire dilemma was down to them picking who they fancied while the girls sat around waiting on the choice. Aaargh. So self centered.

And of course... They were right. Amy and Amber got shafted. I feel sorry for them both, even if they are annoying. The lads are weasels though.

Feeling sorry for them?
    They're both gaslighters, Amy worse of all. Had she done what she did to Curtis over the kiss rating to me, I'd have dropped her there and then. I'd also cool the jets if she told me she loved me after 3 weeks in front of cameras, living with a dozen others on a glorified sun holiday.

Amber is incredibly immature, conceited and entitled. Every time Michael's tried to bring something up she walks away. There's a lesson to be learned here for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,854 ✭✭✭✭klose

Of course we all don't know the main ingredient in all this which is how much input the producers are having in the show at the moment.

To be fair bar one of the casa lads they all chanced their arm with a couple girls, but only three of the casa girl ever bothered to chance any of the lads? I'd have thought they all would have been chancing anton tbh.

I'd love to actually see the Producer's process during all of this. They must have storyboards, What - Ifs and all that good stuff.
    It's very Truman Show-esque in a way.

The producers are extremely involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Still Ill

razorblunt wrote: »
    Feeling sorry for them?
    They're both gaslighters, Amy worse of all. Had she done what she did to Curtis over the kiss rating to me, I'd have dropped her there and then. I'd also cool the jets if she told me she loved me after 3 weeks in front of cameras, living with a dozen others on a glorified sun holiday.

Amber is incredibly immature, conceited and entitled. Every time Michael's tried to bring something up she walks away. There's a lesson to be learned here for her.

Yeah, completely agree with this. Amber thought she was great winning every argument with Michael and forcing him to grovel. She thought she held all the power. Very immature, but kinda deserved what she got.

Can't help feel sorry for Crazy Amy. She'd be a nightmare to go out with, but Curtis has really led her on. Find it difficult to believe he had no doubts before the new girls came in. Made himself look a right prat too.

Tommy has really grown on me. He's been a credit to himself. Don't think he's playing any games. Just seems like a nice, genuine guy.

Also, some of the faces Maura was pulling during the recoupling were hilarious. Pity she just keeps on ending up with boring guys.

Anton seems to have kinda just settled for anyone unfortunately. He's not the same cocky guy who made the big play for Lucie on day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Yet we're all somewhat entertained. At least I am (but it doesn't take much for that).

I feel for Amy because Curtis is making an utter show of her. I am not fond of her but he's an idiot.

When it comes to Michael, I'm on his side and nobody can convince me otherwise. Amber is a horrible and spiteful person. She was in a mood the whole time in Casa Amor out of pure jealousy and not because she likes him so much but what if she gets embarrassed. She treated him like total crap even though he put a lot of effort in getting to know her properly. The way she solves arguments are extremely immature and instead of moving on together from it it was on him to bite his tongue every single time so she would let go.
    I get why he can't keep going doing this. And no matter how he'd approached that, it's impossible to have an adult conversation with Amber, so screw it, it's gonna be nasty anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

PressRun wrote: »

I have no doubt its massively scripted. The Curtis "head being turned" story seemed incredibly scripted.

But it's still entertaining.

Don't know why, I usually hate this type of shíte :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I have no doubt its massively scripted. The Curtis "head being turned" story seemed incredibly scripted.

Me too. It’s like heroin. I know it’s utter shlt yet where am I with bated breath at 9pm each evening :D

I’m not sure who it was that likened Amy to JSP but God, spot on. It’s all in the mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Curtis seemed bored with Amy for a bit now. There was an episode last week where she made him breakfast or something and everyone in the villa was watching them saying oh what a good couple they make and blah blah blah... She asked him if he thought they'd work on the outside and he hesitated before answering and then gave her a half ass yes whilst rubbing his face and looking very uncomfortable. The awkwardness was palpable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What was he letting her away with?
    He only seemed to decide all of this when he heard a tweet about him being whipped. Again, it's all about public perception. People were buying into Michael and Amber, whether you like her or not. He became preoccupied with a tweet about his personality and let that dictate his decision despite the fact that, from as far as I can see, that singular tweet doesn't actually reflect how many people felt about them as a couple. If they'd read out a tweet that said Amber and Michael were really cute or something, or that Michael was holding his own well with Amber, he wouldn't have jumped ship, I'd nearly guarantee it.

Saying you nearly guarantee something doesn't make it anyway closer to what would have actually happened.

Like I said, we'll agree to disagree.

You see an hour of their full day. He'd already intimated what he said about biting his tongue with Amber before the tweet and before new girls had come in so it didn't come out of the blue.

You've already said that he would have had a shot at the £50k had he stayed with Amber. Yet he chose to not stay with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Amber is a girlchild. By the looks of the resulting furore in the decoupling aftermath, she and her hive have merely confirmed the correctness of Michael’s choice.

She couldn’t really illustrate her point better in starting a massive fallout row and setting her dog on him.

• Advertisement

Its definitely massively scripted. But I agree, it doesn't change that it's still entertaining.

LirW wrote: »
    Yet we're all somewhat entertained. At least I am (but it doesn't take much for that).

I feel for Amy because Curtis is making an utter show of her. I am not fond of her but he's an idiot.

When it comes to Michael, I'm on his side and nobody can convince me otherwise. Amber is a horrible and spiteful person. She was in a mood the whole time in Casa Amor out of pure jealousy and not because she likes him so much but what if she gets embarrassed. She treated him like total crap even though he put a lot of effort in getting to know her properly. The way she solves arguments are extremely immature and instead of moving on together from it it was on him to bite his tongue every single time so she would let go.
    I get why he can't keep going doing this. And no matter how he'd approached that, it's impossible to have an adult conversation with Amber, so screw it, it's gonna be nasty anyway.

I'm 100% convinced Curtis is a stooge for the Producers and then they've strung along Amy telling her how to react too but I think her emotions and feelings are real. Having said that though they must have been rubbing their hands with glee when she announced she loved him. There's no way Curtis could obviously have known that if the Producers weren't telling him but his random punt for a new girl was coincidentally for a girl who was almost guaranteed to be picked by the single guy in there.

If Amy does have a proper meltdown it will be incredibly hard to watch especially given all the recent mental health warnings. The Producers probably wont exploit it as much given the other row thats ensued, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'm 100% convinced Curtis is a stooge for the Producers and then they've strung along Amy telling her how to react too but I think her emotions and feelings are real. Having said that though they must have been rubbing their hands with glee when she announced she loved him. There's no way Curtis could obviously have known that if the Producers weren't telling him but his random punt for a new girl was coincidentally for a girl who was almost guaranteed to be picked by the single guy in there.

If Amy does have a proper meltdown it will be incredibly hard to watch especially given all the recent mental health warnings. The Producers probably wont exploit it as much given the other row thats ensued, thankfully.

I think if they were concerned for Amys welfare they wouldn't have shown a lot of what she was saying last night. Imagine how she's going to feel watching that all back when she gets out. She'll be mortified.

Saying you nearly guarantee something doesn't make it anyway closer to what would have actually happened.

Like I said, we'll agree to disagree.

You see an hour of their full day. He'd already intimated what he said about biting his tongue with Amber before the tweet and before new girls had come in so it didn't come out of the blue.

You've already said that he would have had a shot at the £50k had he stayed with Amber. Yet he chose to not stay with her.

Sure, we can agree to disagree. I think Michael has a fragile ego and if he had doubts about Amber before, he didnt express it very well. He did have a shot at winning if hed stuck with Amber, but he let his ego get in the way. He spent his entire time with the new girl just bitching about Amber. I'd love to see what they're going to talk about now
    It's just a show anyway and most of it isn't actually real anyway. Like I said, producers are very involved in everything that happens. That's part of the reason they've gotten into trouble with their duty of care - they manipulate all of these situations to produce the most drama, turn public opinion for and against certain people at different times and sometimes on a whin, often with little care for the real people who are involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Yeah it's getting to that stage now. It's becoming like Made in Chelsea and Towie, so scripted that its hard to watch. Lets not forget if something is scripted you need good acting to play along with it. These ones cannot act at all!

People on here were predicting the Curtis Amy storyline exactly as it played out. Curtis may stick to dancing I'm not sure he has a career as an actor waiting lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This might sound harsh but as day by day goes on in the Villa I think Amy becomes less and less attractive looking ,she looks like a lobster at this stage , In my opinion she was the least attractive girl to begging with

I think its obvious Curtis just wants out of the relationship , He let things go to far and now he doesn't know how to get rid of her in a polite manner,

Surely he knew he had no chance with the new girl (shes sleeps and kisses Danny beside hi every night) but he continued to push that as his reason to want to dump Amy

Michael again has done the right thing Amber is a horrible person, she's just a child her whole approach to her relationship was to treat him mean to keep him keen,

I think Michael thought that maybe she just hard her guard up from being hurt before or something but has realised its just her personality to be cold and bitchy,

Yowanda tried to play the same game with Danny , It must work for them on the outside where there utter c*nts to blokes and have them falling over each other for there attention but doesn't work in the Villa when a better looking more pleasant girl arrives weekly,

Are the newbies that didn't couple up like Nabila, Lavena, Stevie, Maria and Dan really eliminated already? It never said that last night. Surely not? They didn't really get a fair go they barely even spoke or were shown on camera.

In fact they never even gave them a goodbye, Dennon another one. Apparently they are gone already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Are the newbies that didn't couple up like Nabila, Lavena, Stevie, Maria and Dan really eliminated already? It never said that last night. Surely not? They didn't really get a fair go they barely even spoke or were shown on camera.

it was the same last year, the newbies not picked left straight away

Advertisement