Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

it was the same last year, the newbies not picked left straight away
    Is that not really harsh? Some of them don't get a fair go at all really. I'd say a lot of them are pretty raging. Like at least give them a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Is that not really harsh? Some of them don't get a fair go at all really. I'd say a lot of them are pretty raging. Like at least give them a week.

Wasn't there an Irish fella on it last year or the year before whose head might have appeared in the background for a total of 7 seconds before he departed.

They're mostly extras unless they can cause a stir.

I thought Nabila was gorgeous surprised she didn't couple up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'm 100% convinced Curtis is a stooge for the Producers and then they've strung along Amy telling her how to react too but I think her emotions and feelings are real. Having said that though they must have been rubbing their hands with glee when she announced she loved him. There's no way Curtis could obviously have known that if the Producers weren't telling him but his random punt for a new girl was coincidentally for a girl who was almost guaranteed to be picked by the single guy in there.

If Amy does have a proper meltdown it will be incredibly hard to watch especially given all the recent mental health warnings. The Producers probably wont exploit it as much given the other row thats ensued, thankfully.

I hope this is true for Amy's sake but I don't think it is... I think Curtis has let himself down really badly.. He's gone off Amy at least a week ago... goes to casa amor and head turns immediately. Mind you dunno why he went along with the producers and did the tell Jourdan how you feel about her bit. Stevie Wonder could see it was going to be her and Danny. Curtis dug himself a hole he will never get out of there.

Amy is going to need help v soon I reckon. The show embarassed the sh1t out of her last night... thought they went too far imho, esp for someone who imho has relationship issues.

• Advertisement

I'm in Michael's camp too, not a chance he'd be with Amber more than 1 evening in the outside world. He seems like a genuine lad and imho he had Amber figured out a week ago that it was not gonna be good for him to stick and deal with all the BS. Not sure about the Joanna will move onto Ovie chatter.. I think she and Michael have a good chance at making things work in the house at least... Outside not so sure, rumour has it she has the 'footballer need'. She was the best of the bunch in casa amor though.

Tommy & MM are home and hosed now... even if their 'relationship' is more about the win now than anything, and making money afterwards of course. Long term no chance for me.

As for Anna wow.... hope Ovie is bright enough to see WTF is going on there and maybe makes a play for Lucie. Her Robotron George will run out of batteries soon methinks. #dullard

Anton has settled... pity, he can do better than Belle I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I hope this is true for Amy's sake but I don't think it is... I think Curtis has let himself down really badly.. He's gone off Amy at least a week ago... goes to casa amor and head turns immediately. Mind you dunno why he went along with the producers and did the tell Jourdan how you feel about her bit. Stevie Wonder could see it was going to be her and Danny. Curtis dug himself a hole he will never get out of there.

Amy is going to need help v soon I reckon. The show embarassed the sh1t out of her last night... thought they went too far imho, esp for someone who imho has relationship issues.

She knows what she signed up for,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

As annoying as Amy is, this whole thing is awful for her. The girl has never had a relationship before and is completely inexperienced. She's been humiliated in front of millions. This will mess her up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Wasn't there an Irish fella on it last year or the year before whose head might have appeared in the background for a total of 7 seconds before he departed.

They're mostly extras unless they can cause a stir.

Yeah there was an Irish girl on as well Shannen Reilly McGrath. I didn’t watch it that time but she was in Casa Amor and apparently got feck all airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

alroley wrote: »
    As annoying as Amy is, this whole thing is awful for her. The girl has never had a relationship before and is completely inexperienced. She's been humiliated in front of millions. This will mess her up.
    Her mum and dad were on this morning show. They seemed very nice. Mum and Amy are very alike in looks. Dad is an undertaker. Beware curtis. Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Am I the only one who thought Curtis looked smashed during his chat with Jourdann? He was slurring his words and everything.

yup, you can see how some go off the deep end when the smoke clears and they take the dark path!! wouldn't take a huge stretch to see her do the same based on frailty, hyper sensitivity, child like manic behaviour etc..

On Amber, her lip is constantly curled in disgust, that's years of having worn that expression, for not getting her way. I could see her telling you to talk to the hand daily and storming off for want of having her way.. and absolute ****!
    that ANNA one is as bad, childish, looking at the ground mumbling half sentences like she's been asked why she ate the last cookies in the jar, like a feckin child..I think she'll be hearing her own BYE BYE BYE ByE chants soon enough, the big jay leno face on her.

jasus I'd kill for a yard of that Lucy one!! how is she not getting hoofed, best looking girl by a garden mile..what a rack!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

For all you Tommy is a nice guy and really genuine talkers...

He is playing the game like all the rest of them..

Don't adjust your computers the chipmonk accents are due to copyright.

rusty cole wrote: »
    yup, you can see how some go off the deep end when the smoke clears and they take the dark path!! wouldn't take a huge stretch to see her do the same based on frailty, hyper sensitivity, child like manic behaviour etc..

On Amber, her lip is constantly curled in disgust, that's years of having worn that expression, for not getting her way. I could see her telling you to talk to the hand daily and storming off for want of having her way.. and absolute ****!
    that ANNA one is as bad, childish, looking at the ground mumbling half sentences like she's been asked why she ate the last cookies in the jar, like a feckin child..I think she'll be hearing her own BYE BYE BYE ByE chants soon enough, the big jay leno face on her.

jasus I'd kill for a yard of that Lucy one!! how is she not getting hoofed, best looking girl by a garden mile..what a rack!

OMFG this!!... Brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Curtis looked smashed during his chat with Jourdann? He was slurring his words and everything.

I can't believe he went from star gazing on the spare bed with Tommy to playing his heart out to a girl that he knew for 3 days....

Why did he spoil the good thing he had with Amy, why would you do that without some sort of manipulation?

I got beatings last night for saying that Jourdan led him on, but she must have? How did Curtis not see that she was bunking with Danny and yet still made a play for her? He is not stupid like?

Either the producers told him to do it or he was getting the vibes off Jourdan. I can't see any other way around it. He has been played like a fiddle by someone.

He also appears to be wearing two different shirts all of a sudden, he might just have spilt his drink, but bad editing regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,854 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm sorry but then why the hell did she sign up for it so? Shes a big girl and knows what she was potentially getting herself into when she went onto the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

klose wrote: »

I'm sorry but then why the hell did she sign up for it so? Shes a big girl and knows what she was potentially getting herself into when she went onto the show.
    282fb5s.gif
    'I'm going to tell Curtis I love him.'

To thine own self be true

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I can't believe he went from star gazing on the spare bed with Tommy to playing his heart out to a girl that he knew for 3 days....

Why did he spoil the good thing he had with Amy, why would you do that without some sort of manipulation?

I got beatings last night for saying that Jourdan led him on, but she must have? How did Curtis not see that she was bunking with Danny and yet still made a play for her? He is not stupid like?

Either the producers told him to do it or he was getting the vibes off Jourdan. I can't see any other way around it. He has been played like a fiddle by someone.

He also appears to be wearing two different shirts all of a sudden, he might just have spilt his drink, but bad editing regardless.

Its hard to say but it was a very out of character move, and goes completely against his MO.

I'm inclined to think that he isn't into Amy, hasn't been for a long time, but was playing the game to get to the final. He had too much to drink that night and his doubts got the better of him and he got word vomit.

Why he chose Jourdan, I really don't know. But I completely agree with his own assessment that it was his first time ever making a choice purely for himself since he got arrived at the villa.

I think he looked like he had a guilty conscience and like he regretted it the next day. When he was chatting to Tommy by the pool he was like someone in the fear.

I honestly think he was really drunk and just lost the run of himself. There's no other explanation for his total 360 on changing his mind about his happily ever after with Amy.

Also Jourdan smirking with glee at all the drama was so irritating to watch. She was visibly absolutely delighted at how upset the others were. She doesn't seem like a nice girl.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Also Jourdan smirking with glee at all the drama was so irritating to watch. She was visibly absolutely delighted at how upset the others were. She doesn't seem like a nice girl.

She could have been smirking at anything and they just edited it to make it seem like she was smirking at that. Plus, if I remember right, plenty of others were smirking and laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Leslie91 wrote: »
    OMFG this!!... Brilliant.

The Chloe and Lamar memes are brilliant to ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭PressRun

Its hard to say but it was a very out of character move, and goes completely against his MO.

I'm inclined to think that he isn't into Amy, hasn't been for a long time, but was playing the game to get to the final. He had too much to drink that night and his doubts got the better of him and he got word vomit.

Why he chose Jourdan, I really don't know. But I completely agree with his own assessment that it was his first time ever making a choice purely for himself since he got arrived at the villa.

I think he looked like he had a guilty conscience and like he regretted it the next day. When he was chatting to Tommy by the pool he was like someone in the fear.

I honestly think he was really drunk and just lost the run of himself. There's no other explanation for his total 360 on changing his mind about his happily ever after with Amy.

I'm still not convinced he isn't gay. He isn't into Amy, never has been, and it night also explain his feeble attempt at recoupling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

PressRun wrote: »
    I'm still not convinced he isn't gay. He isn't into Amy, never has been, and it night also explain his feeble attempt at recoupling.

Wasn't he sharing a bed with Tommy even after Michael had moved back into the bedroom?

He probably knows that if they're outside the Top 3 he either needs another punt at winning with someone new or actually maybe finding someone he's attracted to.

Michael, likewise, would have realised he was Top 3 but when he got some breathing room he quickly noticed he was happier and went for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I honestly think he was really drunk and just lost the run of himself.

They get next to nothing to drink in there (max 2-3 drinks per night) so I don't believe he was drunk. I reckon he felt in a position of power because the new girls would all be dying to get into the villa, that he thought any of them would be a sure thing, but he had already expressed interest in Jourdan at the start so he couldn't keep changing or it would make himself look even worse. I think he never stops thinking about how he's perceived to the outside.
    There's no other explanation for his total 360 on changing his mind about his happily ever after with Amy.

I think you mean a 180...or even a 540 :D

They get next to nothing to drink in there (max 2-3 drinks per night) so I don't believe he was drunk. I reckon he felt in a position of power because the new girls would all be dying to get into the villa, that he thought any of them would be a sure thing, but he had already expressed interest in Jourdan at the start so he couldn't keep changing or it would make himself look even worse. I think he never stops thinking about how he's perceived to the outside.

I think you mean a 180...or even a 540 :D

I know their alcohol is supposed to be limited but it definitely seems like they're a bit more every now and then.
    In another episode last week Maura seemed fairly sloshed as well. Even 1-2 extra drinks would make a massive difference because their tolerance is lower, the heat, and the high pressure environment.

I don't think they're all given extra drink on the same night, because otherwise they'd all be drunk. But now I definitely think some of them are given more than others on specific nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

To move on from that drama, let's focus on the near future.

So Ovie made it to the villa and it probably won't take him a week to try hooking up with one of the new girls. Not because he's a player (and no doubt he is) but even he will quickly see that Anna is something else.

I also have no doubt that we haven't seen Marvin in action yet but I believe he could wreck havoc too in his nice and quiet way.

I doubt Lucie will stick with George, I think for her it was the best option of the lads but once someone with remotely similar interests comes in, she ditches him. I think the chapter with Tommy and her is closed.

I love that there are proper rifts caused now and the Villa is like a powder keg with many new faces and struggling relationships. Bring it on, the Battle Royale Love Island is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭PressRun

I know their alcohol is supposed to be limited but it definitely seems like they're a bit more every now and then.
    In another episode last week Maura seemed fairly sloshed as well. Even 1-2 extra drinks would make a massive difference because their tolerance is lower, the heat, and the high pressure environment.

I don't think they're all given extra drink on the same night, because otherwise they'd all be drunk. But now I definitely think some of them are given more than others on specific nights.

I think they up the alcohol allowance on certain nights as they know people will say/do more with drink on board

PressRun wrote: »
    I think they up the alcohol allowance on certain nights as they know people will say/do more with drink on board

Yeah definitely. I don't think all of them get it on the same night though.. For example I think Curtis got more that night in Casa Amor but Tommy seemed absolutely fine and as normal.

The night Maura seemed drunk, none of the other girls did. If they were all drunk it would be way more noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Re the drink limit and one person appearing drunk on certain nights maybe they're drinking their mates portions on certain occasions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I hope Curtis tells Amy tonight that there is no future for them and they should break up. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Jourdan gets bored with Danny and comes back to Curtis.
    Looking forward to all the fights tonight.

Advertisement