Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Amber will be headhunted for Geordie Shore after this show. Tho not sure if she will accept dunno if the money they get us great. She will need to be up for getting mortal and tashing on if she does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Amber will be headhunted for Geordie Shore after this show. Tho not sure if she will accept dunno if the money they get us great. She will need to be up for getting mortal and tashing on if she does.

I was thinking the same at the start, although I don't think Amber's trashy enough for GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

How people watch this is beyond me. Has to be the dumbest tv programme ever to be on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

How people watch this is beyond me. Has to be the dumbest tv programme ever to be on tv.

Tell us more... We are dying for your opinion:D:pac:

I hate so called reality TV but the missus watches it and now I'm conditioned to it on a pavlovian level, I'll stop when stranger things starts.
    I just cannot help myself at times reading the threads.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Have to agree, it is dumb...but man is it entertaining!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Tell us something we don’t know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

You've watched enough to judge it, so? Can't be that bad.

well you assume he was watching, cud av been ****!

anyone?? anyone?? leave me hanging then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭PressRun

Saw a clip of Amy's reaction to Curtis telling her the truth. A bit sad tbh. She looks genuinely devastated and humiliated. I hope the producers are being very careful here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

They can't give Tommy much alcohol or he'll start throwing digs and glass the producer

More likely to be Anna that does that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

PressRun wrote: »
    Saw a clip of Amy's reaction to Curtis telling her the truth. A bit sad tbh. She looks genuinely devastated and humiliated. I hope the producers are being very careful here.

People keep saying this but surely people know what they have signed up for, its the whole risk reward of being on TV and putting yourself out there,

You can be humiliated or loved its the chance you take when you sign up to be on a show like this,

yes that's considering you're rational person who's clever enough and level headed.
    These are young enough and you can see they're far from bright, so to an extent, they don't know until they get in and some handle it fine and others well, not so fine.
    The deference is when they get out.. we don't know or see how they're treated etc, by the media and public alike.

sure yewande was a scientist and would you have expected that type of behaviour from a scientist?? intelligence and emotional intelligence are two different things. she was like a child in dozens of ways. very odd.

People keep saying this but surely people know what they have signed up for, its the whole risk reward of being on TV and putting yourself out there,

You can be humiliated or loved its the chance you take when you sign up to be on a show like this,

Well, I would still hope that people might extend some empathy and be mindful of people's emotional welfare. Being like "well they signed up so they deserve whatever they get" doesn't sit well with me. These are young people.
    The show has been in trouble before because of their standards around duty of care for a reason.

I think u need to watch ‘Elaine’ on tv3 at 3pm. That show has gotta be the dumbest, a panel of screeching hens all screaming above one another with silly/pointless stories about themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

I think u need to watch ‘Elaine’ on tv3 at 3pm. That show has gotta be the dumbest, a panel of screeching hens all screaming above one another with silly/pointless stories about themselves.
    Used to see it in the doctors surgery. Possibly the worst show in Irish television history. Certainly the worst on Irish TV at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Well, I would still hope that people might extend some empathy and be mindful of people's emotional welfare. Being like "well they signed up so they deserve whatever they get" doesn't sit well with me. These are young people.
    The show has been in trouble before because of their standards around duty of care for a reason.

Give me a few 5-6 figure magazine deals and I would be fine with it.

Give me a 7 figure deal I will do a full reality TV special on my mental breakdown and diarised recovery programme...

No bother.

They all know the deal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Can't wait to see how the Amber-Michael-giant hypocrite-Anna shenanigans go down. And it's the little details too...Tommy had an odd reaction to Lucie coming back with George, second thoughts? Dreading Amy and Curtis showdown though as whatever about what she signed up for things have changed now as she has fallen too hard and will be crushed.

Tommy had an odd reaction to Lucie coming back with George, second thoughts?

Nah, I did wonder myself at first but I think he was just consumed by his own nervousness about MM.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    GThey all know the deal....

I don't think they do. I don't think they anticipate having to deal with the level or hurt she's likely to be.

Or being seen as unhinged by the great unwashed when she comes back to real life.

So yeah, they probably have an idea in mind of what most people on it do but I don't think they would anticipate the fall and it's fallout that she seems to be headed for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I know. It's brilliant!

I don't think they do. I don't think they anticipate having to deal with the level or hurt she's likely to be.

Or being seen as unhinged by the great unwashed when she comes back to real life.

So yeah, they probably have an idea in mind of what most people on it do but I don't think they would anticipate the fall and it's fallout that she seems to be headed for.

Air hostess goes on reality TV show, falls for borderline homosexual nitwit who is anyone's after 3 beers...

It sounds like the freshers ball in UCD if I am honest?

What is the big deal here? Everyone gets dumped and hurt at some point in their lives... she will have to deal with it.

After all is said and done anyone having a breakdown after getting dumped on Love island probably is fairly soft mentally anyway.... It is not as if she was working as a nurse in Dresden in 1945... is it ?

Half of them aren't single going in there anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Air hostess goes on reality TV show, falls for borderline homosexual nitwit who is anyone's after 3 beers...

What is the big deal here? Everyone gets dumped and hurt at some point in their lives... she will have to deal with it.

After all is said and done anyone having a breakdown after getting dumped on Love island probably is fairly soft mentally anyway.... It is not as if she was working as a nurse in Dresden in 1945... is it ?

Half of them aren't single going in there anyways.
    Is Amy an air hostess?

Is Amy an air hostess?

She was.

She is now an international reality television star....

Joe has boarded a plane for Mallorca to find the mosquito that bit Lucy’s left boob on last nights show. And I hate to think what he will do to that boring George fella when he gets near him.

After all is said and done anyone having a breakdown after getting dumped on Love island probably is fairly soft mentally anyway.. It is not as if she was working as a nurse in Dresden in 1945... is it ?

Well, yeah.

And that's the point.

Besides, not a huge amount of people would be as stoic as a nurse in Dresden in 1945. Yourself included.

Well, yeah.

And that's the point.

Besides, not a huge amount of people would be as stoic as a nurse in Dresden in 1945. Yourself included.

You can be guaranteed that the production company has their arse well covered when it comes to contracts with any contestants as regards mental health issues.

We all saw how quickly Sherifo got pulled out of there for whatever antics he was up to. I am sure a quick trip to the diary room and a " I wanna go home right phucking now please , WRITE PHUCKING NOW " and your on the first flight to Gatwick. They would definitely have the ability to pull you out as when you want to go.

It is the prerogative of the production company to screen contestants before selecting them for the show. I can only assume they do so. But they may not ...

Well, I'm glad I'm not that cold hearted tbh.
    It's an extremely cynical outlook to act like money makes up for everything and they should just suck it up because money is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I have to say I do agree with you when it comes to Michael, I think he's been genuine and honest about his relationship with Amber. However I don't believe for a second that Curtis is genuine, and I fully believe that he's realised that his relationship with Amy isn't the cash cow that he originally thought it was, so he's tried to move on but still perceive himself as a "nice guy".

The fact that Michael was in a "top 3" couple and has thrown it all away for someone else shows that the prize is secondary to him to finding love.

Totally agree here, Curtis didn't express ANY doubts up until the point he found out that him and Amy weren't in the top 3.

Michael knew him and Amber were in the top 3 but he did express doubts about Amber being childish and in fact did tell her to his face that she was being childish. And the way she responded was to ignore him like a child. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well, I'm glad I'm not that cold hearted tbh.
    It's an extremely cynical outlook to act like money makes up for everything and they should just suck it up because money is involved.

Yeh, you could always try the Jehovah witness, their not into money either , unless it's cash.

Advertisement